Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Automation with multiple Start blocks

veronica1
Partner - Contributor III

Automation with multiple Start blocks

Hi everyone, 

We often have to create task chains where the reloads of two or more ETL02 trigger the reload of an ETL03.

Right now, to do this, we create one automation for each ETL02 which in turn call another automation that checks if all reloads of ETL02 are completed, but the procedure is quite complicated and difficult to manage/mantain.

I think it could be useful if we had more then one trigger in an automations (similar to the QMC management in Qlik Sense IaaS)

Tags (1)
3 Comments
PietMichielRappelet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @veronica1 

Thansk for sharing. 
The native webhooks start block can listen to e.g. all reload finished events of a specific space  or a list of app id's - allowing you to group some task chaining in one automation setup.

PietMichielRappelet_0-1665645696667.png

Another approach could be that you have one triggered automation with the task chain app id_s as input and you trigger this single automations from different sources (e.g. script, another automations, ..) 

hope this helps.
Kind regards, 

Status changed to: Partially Delivered
veronica1

Hi @PietMichielRappelet and thanks for your answer.

Can I ask how multiple App Ids on webhook mode work?

For example, if I have an app that reloads at 7AM, one at 8AM and one at 10AM, will the automation be triggered three times or only once all three apps have reloaded? 

Thanks in advance

Veronica

PietMichielRappelet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Veronica

The automation will be triggered 3 times. So you can use an If condition in your flow to specify different behavior based on the app_id (part of the payload of the event).

kind regards,