Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Can't open my app as Reload is in Progress

barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Can't open my app as Reload is in Progress

I just had a problem debugging my Qlik Sense app when it hung and I could not stop it. I tried refreshing the page but it didn't recover. I closed the tab, but then I could not open it again as it said "Reload in Progress".

I found a previous entry in "Ideas" (1525202) to have the ability to kill a hung task but it was closed saying that there is an abort button in the Data Load Editor.

The problem we need to solve is that I can't access the Data Load Editor as it said "Reload in Progress", so I am locked out of killing the task.

We need the ability somewhere in the hub or QMC to find these hung developer reload tasks and kill them from outside the Data Load Editor.

Thanks, Barnaby.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant
4 Comments
Meghann_MacDonald

Please see original open idea here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Qlik-SaaS-Feature-to-abort-a-Reload-Task/idi-p/1924260 and add your likes & comments there.

Meghann

Status changed to: Closed - Duplicate
barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

G'day @Meghann_MacDonald,

Thanks for response. I checked out the post but it is not the same issue. There two main differences are:

1. I'm not working in SaaS but in Qlik Sense on Prem and I need the feature in QMC

2. There is no detail in the post about the problem that I'm being locked out of my own Data Load Editor

So, I don't think it is a duplicate in any way.

Thanks, Barnaby.

Meghann_MacDonald

Hi @barnabyd , makes sense!

The reason I think it makes sense to combine them is specifically because, in regards to your problem about being locked out, the request to "abort" or stop the developer reload from outside the data load editor is likely what R&D would say is the solution to you being locked out of your data editor. We cannot access or make changes to the data load editor when the app is  in the process of reloading, which is by design, so your problem is caused by needing to stop the task but having no way to do that outside of the data load editor.

In that sense, the solution would likely be the same, and we want to make sure that the requests get the traction & engagment they deserve so they are more likely to be considered. I would say that if we add or adjust the other idea to include on-premise in addition to SaaS it would make the most sense. Then, if you think that you would want to also request the ability to access the Data Load Editor during a reload, that could be a separate idea. However, if you want to keep both ideas separate I would please request you make your idea focused on that request to access during reload for any reason, as the other request is already represented in the first idea.

If this makes sense to you I will adjust the other idea to include on-premise, and you can add more information about your use case to the comments. 

Meghann

barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thanks @Meghann_MacDonald for your long and detailed reply,

That all makes sense. I guess I'm thinking about a problem I want to solve rather than an idea for a new feature. If you think it makes sense to combine ideas for different products, then I'll go ahead and put more detail into my post on the other idea.

Cheers, Barnaby.