Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Null /zero percent in charts

george_kos
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Null /zero percent in charts

When I have data like the below and try to visualize the data in a Bar chart,  Qlik Sense will show either Server A if I choose not to Include Zero Values in Data Handling, or it will show Servers A,B, C if I choose to include Zero Values.  I should have the option to exclude nulls but include zeros, as right now I will either have a list with many Servers like C populating the chart, or I will miss the 0% which is very important to show.

Server Base Hours Downtime Uptime %
A 24 12 50%
B 24 24 0%
C 0 0 -

george_kos_0-1674668988398.png

The only way to achieve this now is to use an aggregation on dimension level, which is very bad for performance. Vizlib bar chart or other BI tools competitive to Qlik will automatically exclude the null values and leave the 0%, so I would expect Qlik to be able to handle this situation easily, without using aggregations. Ideally, there should be a check box in each visualization to include / exlude nulls and one check box to include / exclude zeros.

2 Comments
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived