Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT

ODAG Script is being removed in Qlik SaaS - disable function

sirpod90
Contributor III
Contributor III

ODAG Script is being removed in Qlik SaaS - disable function

Dear team,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to bring to your attention a concern I have regarding the data script in Qlik SaaS. I understand that when running an ODAG app as a non-owner, the data script is removed even when the user has all necessary permissions within the space to edit, copy, and use the data connections.

I appreciate that this feature was implemented after careful consideration in the Enterprise Version.

However, the scenario you thought about is more about generating business KPI's and a user edits the script and re-runs it using the master app. In this scenario, the script is running with the privileges of the original owner, which I believe could be improved.

Given our complex data structure, it would be extremely helpful if users could have access to the script, even if they are not the owner, but they have all necessary permissions to run it.

This would provide a starting point for users to develop their apps, rather than having to re-write the code themselves.

Thank you for considering my request.

I look forward to your response.

Tobias

Tags (2)
2 Comments
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived