Qlik Community

Support Updates Blog

Important and useful support information about end-of-product support, new service releases, and general support topics.

Katie_Davis
Digital Support
Digital Support

Updated 1/05/2022 to include upgrading to NPrinting May 2021 Service Release 3 (SR3) will resolve issue. 

Hello All, 

Please be sure to upgrade to the latest NPrinting May 2021 Service Release, SR3, to resolve the issue stated below. 

The download site can be found here.

Detailed Release notes are attached and include Windows/Office updates in addition to publish tasks and source formatting issue resolutions. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

Hello Qlik NPrinting users,

We are currently facing an NPrinting Designer issue after the latest Windows/Office update and are actively working to resolve this defect.

After attempting to open the NPrinting Template Editor in NPrinting Designer you may see this error message: “Qlik NPrinting Designer can't find a supported reporting template editor for this file…”

The temporary workaround would be to revert to a prior version of Office. How to revert to an earlier version of Office (microsoft.com)

We will continue to post updates on this thread as they become available. We appreciate your patience during this time.

Thank you,

Qlik Global Support

37 Comments
SChernov
Creator
Creator

@Ruggero_Piccoli i use office 2019 (build 1808), not office 365 or other, see img in my post

and not office click-to-run

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

@SChernov thanks for sharing your Office version, we will check

TonyC
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unfortunately rolling back to previous version of Office 365 did not resolve the error for me.
I am now on Version 2108 (Build 14326.20348).

I look forward to the bug fix.

Regards,
Tony.

Digvijay_Singh

I think 2008 is the safest version. I got powerpoint template close button issue in 2102 which is one version higher to 2008. 

paolo_cordini
Partner
Partner

Did you reinstall NP designer also?

What worked for me was:

- Roll back to 2018 version

- Reboot

- Reinstall NPrinting Designer

- Reboot

TonyC
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestions Digvijay and Paolo. I had already tried rolling back a month to Version 2108, so I tried rolling back further to Version 2012.

This fixed Nprint Designer, and I could then edit templates, BUT unfortunately then Word and Excel would only open in safe mode!  I had to run online repair which  took me back up to Version 2109!

So im back at sqaure one. I have Nprint designer working on one of the server consoles, so ill have to work on RDP untill we get an update / fix from Qlik.

Thanks,

Tony.