Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Pamela_Whitney
Former Employee
Former Employee
Hello Qlik Sense Users

We are pleased to announce a pilot program called Patch Wednesdays*. The aim of the new program is to have a more consistent delivery timeline and better planning within Global Products.  Patches will be released every two weeks, and you guessed it, on Wednesdays!   With that being said, we'd like to note that the following patches were released today and are now available on the download site.

November 2019 Patch 1 - details on included fixes can be found  here 
September 2019 Patch 2 - details on included fixes can be found here
June 2019 Patch 6 - details on included fixes can be found here
April 2019 Patch 5 - details on included fixes can be found here
November 2018 Patch 8 - details on included fixes can be found here 

Thank you for choosing Qlik software. As always, please follow best practices when upgrading any software and make sure you back up your system before making changes.

Kind regards,
Global Support

*The terms of this program are under review and are subject to change.
7 Comments
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

Already tired of asking, but nowhere to go...

When will there be QV updates?

How often are you planning to release them?

How many years will you release updates?

And will you develop new QV functionality?

Like if you also want to know.

atafsson
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the news about Qlik Sense Patch Wednesdays! This is great! 

We upgraded to version June 2019 Patch 5 a couple of weeks ago to cover a bug in the logs. The button to download logs in the QMC were greyed out and the logs were not moved to the Archived Logs folder. 

We asked if we could upgrade to the September or November version, but got told that that bug weren't covered in those patches. Will there be alignment between the patches or how is that handled? How can we know when it is safe to upgrade and not go back to problems with old bugs? 

I've read release notes for November Patch 1 but can't see anything there.. 

0 Likes
Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello @warfollowmy_ver  and @atafsson :

I wanted to respond to both of your comments on this thread.

@warfollowmy_ver  - I have notified my colleagues with regards to your post and will have one of them follow-up that has a bit more detail with regards to the QlikView updates.

@atafsson  - When items are grayed-out that could possibly be Security Related. Also when items are not moved to Archived perhaps a Service was not fully started. It's best to get a Support Case started. Can you please log one in our Support Portal so we can investigate further for you? The Support Portal is found here: Qlik Support Portal - Qlik Sense 

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Eva

Qlik Support

0 Likes
atafsson
Creator
Creator

@Eva_B  We have already solved it with a support ticket. The solution was to upgrade/apply Patch 5 for the June 2019 release. 

My question is more about now when introducing this cadence for patches can we expect all functionality in lower version levels to be covered in patches for higher versions - example:

June 2019 patch 5 (released date x) includes a certain functionality/bug fix

September patch 3 (released date x) includes same functionality/bug fix as June 2019Patch5 and more  

0 Likes
Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello @atafsson -

Understood and I apologize for misinterpreting what you had typed earlier.

You are correct. The latest patch will include all the previous Software Defects and Enhancements. So the September 2019 Patch 3 will include all fixes from the June 2019 Patch 5 and so on and so forth.

Please see further information regarding Qlik Sense Patches found here: Patching Qlik Sense 

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Eva

Qlik Support

Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

@warfollowmy_ver 

Thank you for your questions and continued commitment to Qlik products. We are planning the following activity on QlikView:

• In Nov, we have introduced a capability that allows customers to start deploying and managing QV in cloud (SaaS or Kubernetes) https://blog.qlik.com/the-qlik-sense-november-2019-release While it is part of Qlik Sense functionality, this is NOT being done to force you to Qlik Sense. It is simply to merge the  backend platforms so customers can get benefits from cloud scalability and if they like, then they also get the benefit of  Qlik Sense.
  • QlikView service packs will continue to be released as required. 12.40 SP2 is expected late Jan/early Feb 2020
  • QlikView 12.50 will be released early Q2 2020  and does include new features. For e.g. the publisher which is part of 12.50 release will allow for distribution of QV documents from on-prem deployment to a Kubernetes or cloud based deployment, allowing you to optimize your cost and investment on existing QV deployments
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

Thanks for the answer 😀