Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonc-cfn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Community is full of genius' that contribute meaningless suggestions

Over the course of my 11 years experience working with Qlik, I have opted out of aggressively contributing towards the community. I have made this choice because as I see it, time is limited. Although, I have accessed this community to search for issues I have encountered. Too many times I find the same issue being submitted by others. The disappointing part is the responses provided by individuals that have accumulated points and gained genius statures by providing meaningless gibberish responses. In many cases, answers that don't have anything to do with the issue being encountered!  Pretty frustrating and disappointing.  There are cases where I have seen individuals providing relevant/meaningful answers, proving their experience level and very well deserved label. 

My question:  Does anyone else feel the same?

9 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Did you try turning it off and back on again?

May you live in interesting times!
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, that's the price you pay....... oh, wait, how much did you pay again for using this site?

You have a point, but do you have an alternative too?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

This is the game Simon... for all!

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

For me it's not about the points I accumulate, it's the learning that I accumulate that matters...every Dev here has their own way of doing things that is what I'm here for ..I know it sounds diplomatic but that's is  the truth.

And honestly i've only started being active on the community for 3 weeks now and I've had the same experience that you have had , i'm sure everyone has had the same even the legends may be ..

Everyday I come across at least one complex/trivial problem that challenges me and that is where the fun is not the points

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
simonc-cfn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Maybe this already exists...adding the ability to filter postings with "Correct Answers", Helpful, "Not answered"? 

simonc-cfn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The power plug is fully connected!  ;O)

simonc-cfn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Qlik Community GO!? 

simonc-cfn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This strategy you describe of taking on complex/trivial problems for a challenge, makes sense.  You can learn and get challenged by this approach. 

Not applicable

May be... oops, 1 more point!