Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sai_katare
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sort dimension two expressions

Hi, I have a simple table with one dimension and two expressions. I have currently sorted the table base of expression 1.

Problem: The customer requirement is that the expression 1 should be sorted followed by expression 2.

1. Expression 1 should be sorted

2. For similar values of expression 1...expression 2 should be sorted as explained in the image.

Request you to please help me here with the sorting expression.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You can choose your sorting priority in the chart properties. Click Promote/Demote change the priority.Skärmklipp.PNG

sai_katare
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vagar,

Thanks for the quick response. As mentioned i have only one dimension so I cant promote or demote dimensions to change the sort properties. 

Instead I have to write a sorting expression which suffices my requirement. Tried something like 

=sum(Exp1)-rank(Exp2)

but still does not fix my problem.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I suggest that you don't sort by the dimension, use the expression it self.  Let the expression 1 have the highest priority and the expression 2 the second.

If you look at my prev. attached picture you notice that I have two expression as prioritized sorting.

sasis551
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi ..

regarding screen shot:go to sort tab=> enable expression=> purgechar(fieldname,'F')=>enable sort by numericvalue