Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alespooletto
Creator
Creator

How to abstract a measure for all the different employees?

I made a measure for taking into account the efficiency of certain producers 

(
	Sum(
    	Aggr(
        	Count( {< ACTION_CODE = {'LABOR_OFF'}>} distinct MainSFC) * Standard_Time,
            MainSFC)
	)
)
/
(
	Count( 
    	distinct WorkingDay) 
        * 7.5 * 60)

And it works fine for the single producer. I want to abstract this, make one that takes into consideration ALL of the producers/employees, so in my mind I tried to do: 

(
	Sum( {<Employee=>}
    	Aggr(
        	Count( {< ACTION_CODE = {'LABOR_OFF'}, Employee=>}} distinct MainSFC) * Standard_Time,
            MainSFC)
	)
)

/

(
	Count( {<Employee=>}
    	distinct WorkingDay) 
        * 7.5 * 60)

But this doesn't work, and gives me null values. How could I fix this? 

Labels (1)
6 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

(
Sum( {<Employee=>}
Aggr( {<Employee=>}
Count( {< ACTION_CODE = {'LABOR_OFF'}, Employee=>}} distinct MainSFC) * Standard_Time,
MainSFC)
)
)

/

(
Count( {<Employee=>}
distinct WorkingDay)
* 7.5 * 60)

alespooletto
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you @BrunPierre , it seems like this measure doesn't work, as it currently doesn't take any value anymore. 

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

When you have a nested aggregation, you might need to use a set statement to ensure each part of the calculation considers the same or altered data selection.

alespooletto
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you @BrunPierre , apologies if I haven't expanded on the last answer. I tried to apply the same set of set analysis expressions to the formulae I was using.

I also tried a different, simpler approach were I just average the aggregate by date for the individuals and use set analysis to imply every individual, but I think this doesn't work because underlying I am still selecting an employee. 

AvG({<Employee=>}
    Aggr({<Employee= >}
      //This measure is the one above in the post
      [Individual Efficiency],
      Date
    )
)

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Another approach worth considering. This expression only considers 'Dim1' and ignores all other dimensions.

=Avg({1<Dim1=$::Dim1>} Aggr(Sum({1<Dim1=$::Dim1>} Measure), Dim1, Dim2))

marcus_sommer

Like already hinted you may need to apply the appropriate selection state to each aggregation-part of your calculation, like:

sum({ Set } aggr({ Set } count({ Set } Field), Dim))

Beside this I think you may need aggr() to ensure that each part is calculated against the needed dimensionality, which might in your case:

sum(aggr(
   sum(aggr(count() * Factor1, DimX)) /
   sum(aggr(count() * Factor2, DimY)),
DimZ))

I suggest not to start with the entire calculation else developing it step by step by using several parallel expressions without any set analysis side by side and if it's returning the right results for a single respectively two selected values you could merge them within another expression and so on ...