Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Reference an entity property in the publish job

Hello.

I'm trying to reference an entity property in the publish job, Is it possible?

Details:

I've created some properties on the entity in the source menu and I'd like to use them in the publish job. Using this picture (below) from Qlik help, I'd like to set up the values with the same values from entity. In this case, "username", "jdbcString" and "table".

Entity Properties

brunnovb_in_1-1676641154904.png

Publish Job (Properties)

brunnovb_in_0-1676640736093.png

Thanks,

Brunno V.B.

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Christopher_Ortega

If you need more control over how you send the data to your publish target, you can use the OPENCONNECTOR as your connection for the publish target. It does require a customer script to accomplish the transfer of the data but Catalog can pass those properties automatically as part of the job.

You can find more details here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/catalog/February2023/Content/QlikCatalog/Publish/Publish_Add_Target.htm
brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello @Christopher_Ortega

Thanks for your answer. I'm using the OPENCONNECTOR  to publish data from Qlik Catalog to RDBMS. So, in my case I'd like to configure the Custom Script Command using properties configured on the entity in the source menu. I mean, I'd to reuse the properties because I wouldn't like to add manually. It's the same case for property "shippingLocation" generated by Qlik Catalog and passed through the script (image below).

brunnovb_in_0-1676643574783.png

So, It is possible? If yes, how can I reference the entity properties?

Best,

Brunno.

Christopher_Ortega

You can reference properties by using the %prop as part of your Custom Script Command when setting up the target and then reference them as parameters passed to your script to use as you want.

[cid:ca9586d5-4aaa-4899-a337-329b4c20f7ca]
brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I tried to set up this way: /usr/local/qdc/RDBMS/loadData.sh %prop.vhost %prop.vusername %prop.vdbname %prop.vtablename %shippingLocation %prop.vtablefields. 

I've created these properties (vhost, vusername, vdbname, vtablename and vtablefields) for the entity. If I don't set them manually on the target or publish job, it doesn't work. So, I'd like to set up using them from entity because this way I can use the same target with diferrent entities without having to enter properties every time. Is it possible?

Best,

Brunno.

Christopher_Ortega

It should be possible. I suggest opening a support case in order to resolve for your specific scenario.
galilio
Contributor
Contributor

I've been hired as .NET developer and I still have no idea what they mean by it. I know some C# and I know how to configure IIS and that's pretty much it.

.NET is so broad that it's just as meaningless as "knows HTML".

As far as job descriptions go, you should ignore any 'requirement' that isn't a programming langauge. Just say that you have experience with it, because they have no way to check it.