Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skafimn1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik Data Transfer, What are Service Credentials?

I downloaded Qlik Data Transfer from the "Tools" section on my Saas Account in Qlik to my Windows PC to transfer data from my local folders to my personal space on Qlik Cloud. I started the installation process, but after I selected the destination folder for the installation, Qlik prompted me for the "Service Credentials". it says "Enter user information for starting the service".

I am unsure what to fill in the "Username" and "Password". I don't even have a password for my PC. can someone please help with this issue. What username or password is Qlik asking for? and where do I find them? I attached a screenshot of where I am being prompted to fill in the credentials. 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @skafimn1 ,

you will need to pick a Windows/Domain account to run the service. If you are unsure about which account to use, please talk with your company's IT.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @skafimn1 ,

you will need to pick a Windows/Domain account to run the service. If you are unsure about which account to use, please talk with your company's IT.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
skafimn
Contributor
Contributor

@Daniele_Purrone  Hi Daniele and thanks for the support!

I was able to install the tool after filling my Windows user account username and password. however, after the installation, when I try to launch Qlik Data Transfer, I am only getting a blank white screen.

Please note that I am doing this on my personal PC and not on an On-premise server.

Do you have any tips for fixing this one?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @skafimn ,
please start from this:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/QlikDataTransfer/trouble... 

Daniele