Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amit01123
Contributor II
Contributor II

TAC 8.0 Warning: Can't access git server. Please check URL and authentication.

Hello Community User's,

We configured TAC 8.0 & we are getting warning on TAC 8.0 Projects tab: Can't access git server. Please check URL and authentication 

TAC server is able to communicate to Git.

we can curl and ping to git from TAC server.

we can add new projects and connection check is giving ok .. however after few seconds it throws the same warning.

we are not using any ssl certificate for communication between TAC and Git.

Git clone is also working as expected.

Please advise if some else has faced the same issue with TAC8.0 and has some solution.

I would really appreciate !!!

Thanks

Amit

Labels (2)
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is there intermittent connection warn message(intermittent error 407 authentication required) when refresh the page about connects to github in project option of TAC page?

What's your git server?

No any information in the latest technical log and Catalina log?

Best regards

Sabrina

amit01123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi xdshi, We don't see intermittent error 407 authentication required message ... It only display the warning of Can't access git server. Please check URL and authentication.

Also we are not using github .. we are using gitlab as repository.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

If there is a configuration change done on the GIT end, please make sure it should be configured correctly on the Talend end as well.

With your subscription solution, it is highly recommended that you should raise a support case on talend support portal so that our colleagues could give you a remote assistance through support cycle with priority.

Best regards

Sabrina

amit01123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sabrina,

There is no configuration change at Git.

We have already raised case with the support team two month back and there have been multiple emails been exchanged with respect to logs , error , patches to apply but still we are at the same place.. we had zoom session as well .. case has been escalated to R&D team............. thought to post the issue on Talend Community portal so that if some one also faced the same issue then he or she could provide some insight.

Regards

Amit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Would you mind sending a private message to me with your support case id so that I could check it with R&D team to see if there is any progress for your issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

ClaudineiODT
Partner - Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I am facing exactly the same problem. I've tried two different GIT repositories, GitHub and Bitbucket. My GitHub account uses two-factor authentication, so I attempted to use Bitbucket, thinking that might circumvent the issue. However, I encountered the same problem with Bitbucket. I realize this is an old post, but it seems there hasn't been a resolution yet. Am I correct?

Thanks for any help!

Claudinei

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello @ClaudineiODT 

So far, we do not simply address this is same issue for you and need a little bit more information to diagnose it.

Firstly please make sure that you've confirmed there are no firewall restrictions between the TAC server and the GIT server.

Are you getting this error from TAC when attempting to add a new project? What version of bitbucket do you use? For your information, it seems the URL does not include https? As you already known that TAC uses a specific keystore and the github key is not present in this keystore with ssh authentication.

Best regards

Sabrina

ClaudineiODT

Hi @Xiaodi_Shi 

Sorry, for replay in this topic. I thought it was similar and continued from here. If you prefer I can open a new post, please advise.

Anserwing your question.

1) Firstly please make sure that you've confirmed there are no firewall restrictions between the TAC server and the GIT server.

There are no firewall restriction between the TAC server and the GIT server, since I can clone the repository.

2) Are you getting this error from TAC when attempting to add a new project?

No, I am getting this error while I am trying to configure GIT.

3) What version of bitbucket do you use?

I was trying to use Bitbucket as a workaround, my official repository is in GitHub.

4) For your information, it seems the URL does not include https? As you already known that TAC uses a specific keystore and the github key is not present in this keystore with ssh authentication.

Since my repository is GitHub, what should I put in this field "GIT server url" under GIT configuration, assuming my credentials are correct? I tried a lot of urls, with no success. I am trying right now to install gitolite in the same server to see if it works.

Best Regards

Claudinei

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello @ClaudineiODT 

Sorry for getting back to you late.

How do you have the GIT parameters setup in TAC? Could you provide a screenshot of this? Are they filled out according to the doc below?

https://help.talend.com/en-US/installation-guide-windows/8.0/installing-and-configuring-git

https://help.talend.com/en-US/administration-center-user-guide/8.0/setting-up-git-parameters

Also, does this user have project access granted to them from the TAC per the steps below?

https://help.talend.com/en-US/administration-center-user-guide/8.0/managing-projects

Best regards

Sabrina