Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danette
Contributor III
Contributor III

Correct management of sessions between QlikSense and third party website

Hello!

We have QlikSense on prem; at the authentication level, we would like to connect a website where users authenticate using Office365 accounts, to the QlikSense application.

I'll try to explain our need: we have a website; users authenticate with their Office365 accounts. They exists also on QlikSense in the users list because the list is automatically updated every day. I want that when a user log in into the website, he is authenticated also on QlikSense. 

How can I accomplish this?

I tried to explore the solutions in the documentation, bot got lost.

Thank you

Labels (2)
3 Replies
FabioSanchesRibeiro

Hello @danette,

I'm not sure if I understood your scenario very well, but I'm imagining that you are wondering if it is possible to authenticate users on Qlik Sense using a Microsoft 365 account (office 365 account).

Yes, it is possible.

Please review the documentation below.

Using OIDC

Qlik Sense for Windows: How to configure OIDC with... - Qlik Community - 1812401

Using SAML

Tutorial: Microsoft Entra SSO integration with Qlik Sense Enterprise Client-Managed - Microsoft Entr...

Kind Regards,

Fábio S. Ribeiro

danette
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi!

Thank you for your reply, but I want to do something different.

I have a third party website. Users already authenticate in this website. When they go to a QlikSense application (which is published in another website), how can I make QlikSense understand that the user is already authenticated and that he is for example 'John Smith'? Consider that John Smith also exists as a user in QlikSense users list.

Should I use an api? Should I use cookies?

Thank you

FabioSanchesRibeiro

Hi @danette,

The only way for Qlik Sense to recognize an external user is by configuring the external website as a Qlik Sense authentication module.
Here is how it works:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/February2024/Subsystems/ProxyServiceAPI/Content/Sense_Pr...

So in your scenario, you mentioned that the users are authenticated on the system using their O365 account.
In this case, if you configure Qlik Sense to authenticate your users using the Microsoft Entra ID as I explained before.

When an authenticated users try to access the Qlik Sense, he already has a session and a cookie created previously, he just needs to pass them to the virtual proxy configured to validate those users.