Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick13
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Need Help Retrieving Export Activity Logs from Qlik Sense Cloud via Audit API

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on retrieving user data related to the export of data, images, or PDFs in our Qlik Sense Cloud environment. I have set up a connection for auditing purposes as per the guidelines in the Qlik Developer Portal, but I am struggling to find the specific information regarding user exports.

Despite setting up the audit connection, I'm unable to locate or retrieve logs that detail when users export data, images, or PDF files.

Here’s what I have tried:

• Set up an audit API connection following the official Qlik documentation.
  • Attempted to query the audit logs looking for export actions but could not identify the right parameters or event types related to exports.

Could anyone provide guidance or share examples on how to properly query the Qlik Sense Audit API to capture these specific user activities? Any tips on the types of filters or API endpoints to use would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best Regards,

Nick

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Nick13 ,

please test the following:

and confirm you are seeing the information (I suggest you use Firefox, since it has a native json parser, or install an extension like "JSON Formatter")

If you do, then it means the APIs are working as expected, and that means it's a problem with your connection settings when querying the APIs from other places.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Nick13 

what about querying 

/api/v1/audits?source=com.qlik%2Freporting-service ?

Once you do that, the "tags" and "template" sections will give you details about the operation.

For instance:

"tags": [

"sense-dialog.download"

],

means that the users started a download, with 

"templateType": "sense-image-1.0", 

telling you that it was an image.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
Nick13
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone ,

I followed the current setup to access data, but I'm not receiving any details for the 'tags' and 'templateType' fields from the API. Additionally, I'm wondering if I need to adjust the connection settings too, as the results aren't what I expected. Here’s a breakdown of my current REST connection setup:

Could there be something missing or incorrect in this setup that's causing the issue with the missing fields?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Nick13 ,

please test the following:

and confirm you are seeing the information (I suggest you use Firefox, since it has a native json parser, or install an extension like "JSON Formatter")

If you do, then it means the APIs are working as expected, and that means it's a problem with your connection settings when querying the APIs from other places.

Nick13
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone ,

I appreciate you passing this along. The API is functioning correctly; I only needed to adjust the connection slightly to receive the expected data.

Apologies for reaching out again, but during my testing of chart downloads, both as an image and as a PDF, I noticed they both return the same templateType, "sense-image-1.0". Is there a method to distinguish between the two?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Nick13 ,

no need to apologize! I'm afraid that, since we use the same renderer, we don't distinguish pdfs from images.
If you think we should specify that, please, suggest an idea to our product team.

Nick13
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone ,

I understand, thank you for the clarification. While it's unfortunate that there isn't currently a distinction between pdfs and images, as this prevents us from gaining a deeper understanding of our user's export behaviour.

Nonetheless, I appreciate your support.

Best Regards,

Nick