Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shadi_Sai
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Authentication Header with iframe

Greetings, 
I have a small question regarding the "Header Authentication Dynamic User Directory" method with the Iframe, if I have a stream that has Allow Anonymous User, and we have embed a sheet using Iframe, how is it possible to authenticate users using header authentication if we have inserted this Iframe in a separate webpage that is created by us.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hello @Shadi_Sai 

You would need to have Qlik Sense behind a reverse proxy and inject the header with a reverse proxy, that s the only way with iFrame and header authentication as far as I am aware.

For JWT authentication you can first call an endpoint and inject the header to create a session but for header authentication, the header needs to be there constantly and just calling an endpoint first to create a session is not sufficient.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hello @Shadi_Sai 

You would need to have Qlik Sense behind a reverse proxy and inject the header with a reverse proxy, that s the only way with iFrame and header authentication as far as I am aware.

For JWT authentication you can first call an endpoint and inject the header to create a session but for header authentication, the header needs to be there constantly and just calling an endpoint first to create a session is not sufficient.

Shadi_Sai
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello @Damien_Villaret
Thanks for the reply.
If possible is there an example or a tutorial video for JWT authentication that I can follow or look at so that I can proceed?

Also in your opinion, what is the best way to integrate Qlik sense app with website?

Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

@Shadi_Sai 

There's an example here

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Sense-for-Windows-iFrame-sample-using-JWT-authenticatio...