Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parviz_asoodehfard
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to Migrate Qlik (Qlik sense enterprise)?

We have a Qlik (Qlik sense enterprise) on a Windows server 2016 and we are going to migrate it to a Windows server 2019. 

1. what is the best practice for that?

2. Is it possible to take a backup from Qlik DB and restore it on the new server to prevent defining tasks, streams, connections, security rules, and especially professional access allocation? if yes how?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @parviz_asoodehfard ,

Kindly review Migrating Qlik Sense Enterprise Like a Boss - Qlik Community - 1824119

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @parviz_asoodehfard 

Please clarify which Qlik software product you are migrating to a new server.

Thanks,

Dana

parviz_asoodehfard
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Dana_Baldwin,

you are right, I should mention that I'm talking about Qlik sense enterprise. Our version is Nov 2021 P3.

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

No problem @parviz_asoodehfard 

I will ask an administrator to move this post to a Qlik Sense support board, this board is for Enterprise Manager, a Data Integration product.

Thanks,

Dana

Albert_Candelario

Hello @parviz_asoodehfard ,

Kindly review Migrating Qlik Sense Enterprise Like a Boss - Qlik Community - 1824119

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
marksouzacosta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

In addition to the solutions already shared, I'd like to introduce you to a powerful tool developed by IPC Global — the inProcess App Operations CLI. This tool is designed to seamlessly transfer Qlik Applications between Qlik client-managed and Qlik Cloud environments. Moreover, it simplifies the process of setting up backup routines for your Qlik Sense Applications, ensuring the security of your critical data.

For those interested in exploring this innovative solution further, we invite you to visit our website: https://www.ipc-global.com/inprocess-app-operations.

You can also take advantage of our free trial to experience firsthand how inProcess App Operations can enhance and streamline your Qlik application management.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Best regards,
Mark Costa
Product Manager
IPC Global

Read more at Data Voyagers - datavoyagers.net