Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JawakarShyam
Contributor II
Contributor II

Count Distinct based on a field based on a Measure

Hi,

Can you kindly help me understand how to apply distinct count for the following expressions,

count(distinct{<[Price check]={"=If((sum([Dealer Sell-in price])-[Unit Price (EUR)])>0,'N','Y')"}>}[Part Number])

In the above expression,  , Unit Price = sum(Price * Exchange
)/sum(Quantity), Price check=If((sum([Dealer Sell-in price])-([Unit Price (EUR)]))>0,'N','Y'))

Currently, the formula is making distinct count on all the part number but I need it distinct count only the [Part Number] with [Price check] is 'Y' for each Dealer.

Let me know if you need any other details from me.

Thanks in advance

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The If condition in your expression is redundant because it's evaluating a condition that already exists as the [Price check] field.

So, the expression can be simplified to:

count({< [Price check]={'Y'} >} distinct [Part Number])

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How about just:

count(distinct{<[Price check]={"=sum([Dealer Sell-in price]-[Unit Price (EUR)])<=0"}>}[Part Number])

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
JawakarShyam
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi ,

Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately it's still showing all the unique part number. Not only the price check with 'Y'.

Thanks,

Jawa

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The If condition in your expression is redundant because it's evaluating a condition that already exists as the [Price check] field.

So, the expression can be simplified to:

count({< [Price check]={'Y'} >} distinct [Part Number])

JawakarShyam
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, I've tried it before but as [Price check] is a measure it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is very unclear how your model is built. You say that [Price check] is a measure - do you mean it is master item measure created on UI? If that is the case then it is poor practice to start with as it should be moved to script and then it could be easily used as per @BrunPierre suggestion. If not you may need to give us more info about your model / tables / data association so we could picture it. 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
JawakarShyam
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, [Price check] is a master item measure created on the UI. I'm relatively new to the development of Qliksense from the backend and I'm building some components on top of an existing Qliksense app but since there are many sections, i'm not able to create the formula directly as the components are spread out in different sections. If there is no direct way to use the Master measure created from the UI. I'll try to create the formula in the backend in the script. 

I'll try to upload a model for better understanding.

thanks.

JawakarShyam
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thank you, after creating the Price check in the load editor.

The Expression seems to be working. 

Thanks,

Jawakar