Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to select and de-selected a polygon in polygon map with Qlik sense

I created a US states map with KML file using Qlik sense desktop. I use state name as the map dimension. I would like to show some information about ONLY one selected state in Qlik Text&image part.

When I click one state, the state will be selected; when I click another state, both the first and the new state will be selected, and so on.

We can select ONLY one state by holding Ctrl key when we click states on the map. However, the requirement does not like "holding Ctrl key" when we click state on the map.

Could you please give any suggestion?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Finally we move to Qlik mashup and solve this issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You shouldn't have to hold down ctrl you can unselect the original state selected by clicking on it a second time.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Bella, thanks for your help! Good suggestion.

For example, I have Washington state, Maryland state, Florida state.

The requirement is : ONLY one state is selected, the previous selected state should be de-selected when I selected a new state. For example, I first click Washington state on the map, Washington state will be selected, and then when I click Maryland state, Washington state will be de-selected and ONLY Maryland state is selected.

your suggestion is great: click Washington state to select it, click Washington state again to de-select it; click Maryland state to select it, click Maryland state to de-select it.

The requirement is : click Washington state to select it, click Maryland state and Maryland state is selected and at the same time Washington state is de-select. If we hold Ctrl key when we click the state, we can get the above, but the requirement does not like "holding Ctrl key" either.

Could you please give any suggestion?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Finally we move to Qlik mashup and solve this issue.