cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sureshmaddipati
Contributor II
Contributor II

Pivot table

Hi I would like to hide particular columns having nulls in a pivot table suppress null is not working.

I have taken year dimension and wrote 2 measures for two years it is coming as shown and unable to hide null columns 

Labels (1)
3 Replies
PhanThanhSon
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

If you use the year as a column dimension, you shouldn't need two metrics. If you specifically want to address two years, you can do that in the Set Analysis.

For example:

Sum({<Year{$(=Max(Year)-1), $(=Max(Year))}>} Measure)

If you don't want to restrict it to just two years, you can use Sum(Measure) and hide the null values in the columns.

The third option would be to keep both measure and delete the Dimension year.

best regards Son

sureshmaddipati
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@PhanThanhSon wrote:

Hi,

If you use the year as a column dimension, you shouldn't need two metrics. If you specifically want to address two years, you can do that in the Set Analysis.

For example:

Sum({<Year{$(=Max(Year)-1), $(=Max(Year))}>} Measure)

If you don't want to restrict it to just two years, you can use Sum(Measure) and hide the null values in the columns.

The third option would be to keep both measure and delete the Dimension year.

best regards Son

Thanks Son

I want to address two years and done that with set analysis and it is working but issue when addressing particular year respective value is coming and other years are coming as null.

Thanks suresh

sureshmaddipati
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Also we have secondary dimension so set analysis is going more than 100 lines which will impact performance  so addressing each year separately