Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wcilliers
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Predefined Measures Containing Variables

Hi Experts,

I have a question regarding the measures defined in Sense. I want to make it as easy for the customer as possible. They have about 50+ measures that they use with different rules and set analysis already applied to them.

I want to know, if there is a way to add a set analysis parameter to the already existing measure that already contains set analysis.

Example.

Measure is defined as follows:

Name:     GrossSales

Expression:     Sum({<Type = 'Inv'>}Amount)

I want to display this as a YTD and LYTD in a bar chart without having to manually write the expression. And hopefully without creating 2 measures. The problem is, that all 50+ measure would have to be duplicated just for there two dimensions. And there is a lot more.

Is there a way to pass selections back through a variable perhaps? Multiples though, for when they select 3 months or 2 different brands or something.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Wynand.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, you can use variables to add set modifiers. But you'll have to change the expressions to make use of the variables. You can't insert them by magic afterwards.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, you can use variables to add set modifiers. But you'll have to change the expressions to make use of the variables. You can't insert them by magic afterwards.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
wcilliers
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi Gysbert,

lol, I assumed that much. I read something yesterday regarding 'parameterized' variables. I a busy playing with the data to see weather it would work. So far it looks promising.

Thanks,

Wynand