cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arjunsuhass
Contributor
Contributor

Unexpected Row appearing in Pivot Table

I am having a problem with an unexpected brand appearing in my pivot table in qlik.

To give some background, my table shows demand metrics for Oncology and Pharmaceutical brands. The order of dimensions goes BUSINESS, BUSINESS UNIT, FRANCHISE, BRAND.

Recently someone added a new BUISNESS UNIT called OTHER that includes values for everything not Oncology or Pharma For a SALES table that I am not working on (I am working on DEMAND table). I do not need this new BUISNESS UNIT in my table but in the data model viewer it links to the data I need for demand through a common field. Changing the load editor or model viewer to make it unlink is not an option (dont ask why lol). When OTHER appears in my table it is filled with 0.0% values (since the measures are percentages).

MY QUESTION IS ...

Is there a way to write an expression that excludes a dimension (BUISNESS UNIT) when it is = to OTHER? I have tried messing around with dimension limitations specifying a relative value > 0.0% and / or exact value > 0 but nothing is working. I wish there was a component called 'show row if' and I could set it to <> 'OTHER' but that is not a thing. Any suggestions?

I also apologies as I cannot share any pictures as this is restricted data

Labels (1)
1 Reply
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Use Set Analysis to Exclude "Others" from BusinessUnit as below

Replace BusinessUnit Dimension with below calculated dimension

=Aggr({<BUSINESSUNIT-={'OTHER'}>}BUSINESSUNIT)  , BUSINESSUNIT) 

-= will exclude specified values

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.