Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Chart Exploration does not work on straight tables with Qlik Sense May 2023 Patch 3

50% helpful (1/2)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

Chart Exploration does not work on straight tables with Qlik Sense May 2023 Patch 3

Last Update:

Sep 21, 2023 6:23:43 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Jul 26, 2023 6:15:41 AM

The Chart Exploration panel is not shown in straight tables after the upgrade to Qlik Sense May 2023 Patch 3. The option is still visible when you right click on the table, but it does not work: the table is just enlarged or an empty window appears instead of the Chart Exploration.

Environment

• Qlik Sense May 2023 Patch 3
  • Qlik Sense May 2023 Patch 4
  • Qlik Sense May 2023 Patch 5

Resolution

The problem is not present in any Qlik Sense releases previous to May 2023 Patch 3. It is fixed in Qlik Sense May 2023 Patch 6 and higher releases. The Qlik Sense August release was not affected.

In releases prior to May Patch 6, it is possible to resolve the problem on the affected releases by following these steps:

1.  Connect to Qlik Sense.
  2.  Open the 'import-map.json' file located in C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\qmfe with a text editor.
  3.  Remove the two dots ('..') that you can see at the beginning of each path. For example, the row 
    @qlik-trial/qmfe-api    "../resources/qmfe/qmfe-api/2.58.0/qmfe-api.js"
    must look like this:
    @qlik-trial/qmfe-api    "/resources/qmfe/qmfe-api/2.58.0/qmfe-api.js"
  4.  Save the 'import-map.json' file.
  5.  Clear your browser cache.
  6. Restart the Qlik Sense services if possible.

Cause

An incorrect formatting of the paths in the 'import-map.json' file causes the problem.

Internal Investigation ID

QB-20719, QB-21856

Labels (1)
Comments
JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

I hope its getting resolved soon!

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I hope final fix will be available in Patch 4!

FMa

mbjörck
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I found that removing "resources" and keeping the two dots worked better ("../qmfe/"). Removing the two dots makes the request URL disregard virtual proxies where I have prefixes setup and instead use the default base adress. So if you have different authentication for your virtual proxies and prefixes the proposed fix may cause you problems.

JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

@mbjörck ,

Yes. I am having the same issue, i get a windows authentication pop up.. 

andregas
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

In my case this solution doens't fix the error and it adds problems with virtual proxies as Mbjorck mentioned.

Unfortunately neither his solution works for me.

I made a dirty fix:

• create a new folder resources into C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\ (C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\resources)
  • then made a copy of the folder qmfe (C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\qmfe) into resources (C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\resources\qmfe)

In my case it solves the error.

Or
MVP
MVP

This issue has been known to Qlik for well over a month now. Now it turns out that it isn't fixed in August IR or May SR4. Quite frustrating that issuing a fix has been pushed back to some unknown date with SR5 (for May) / SR2 (for August). Could we perhaps get some clarity on when Qlik is planning to issue a version where this is fixed? SR dates have become unpredictable and at this point I have no idea when to expect May SR5 in the wild...

@Andrea_Bertazzo 

Thanks!

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @Or 

We do not currently have a date for this fix, and with additional work being done to deliver recent security fixes, I cannot provide you with a guaranteed timeframe. I do see the defect being logged as fixed and scheduled to be integrated into a release as soon as possible though. But I understand this may not be the answer you were looking for. I have reached out to the team who worked on the defect to see if I can get more clarity. 

All the best,
Sonja 

TejaSkvarc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

@andregas Thank you! This worked for me as well! 

Or
MVP
MVP

@Sonja_Bauernfeind  Thanks for looking into this!

Or
MVP
MVP

SR5 was released today, with the bug being listed as resolved... but the issue is not resolved and the exploration menu still does not open (with the same console errors being thrown).

The workaround in this post is not valid - the file we're asked to edit doesn't exist in the folder in question. The workarounds mentioned in the comments are likewise either not relevant (can't edit a file that doesn't exist) or don't work (copying the folder).

@Sonja_Bauernfeind Sorry to be a bother, but any chance you can look into this?

Version history
Last update:
‎2023-09-21 06:23 AM
Updated by: