cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeFigueiredo
Contributor
Contributor

gateway data movement install

I'm trying to install the gateway, but during the RPM package installation, I'm getting the following error after the installation command:

LeFigueiredo_0-1685418288974.png

I couldn't find anything related to this error in any part of the documentation. 

I managed to generate the key, added it to the cloud successfully, but when I reach the step of activating the service, it simply doesn't exist. I don't know if there is any connection with the error before, but since it couldn't identify the file, when I try to start the service using systemctl, it says the service doesn't exist.

LeFigueiredo_1-1685418440262.png

I don't know what went wrong with my installation. Could someone help me?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MartinBurgos
Support
Support

Hi there,

The issue was caused because you are using Fedora.

Replicate and Data Movement will create the service script in the /etc/init.d path. Unfortunately, this path doesn't exist in Fedora.

The equivalent path is /etc/rc.d/init.d but all the installation scripts will generate the necessary files pointing to that path.

Can you please try it in a CENTOS 8.x or RHEL 8.x and let us know if that works?

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Martin

Please feel free to accept this message as a solution if it answers your inquiry

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MartinBurgos
Support
Support

Hi there,

You are getting that error because the service was not created. 

Can you please run the following commands?

cat /etc/os-release
sudo verbose=true QLIK_CUSTOMER_AGREEMENT_ACCEPT=yes rpm -ivh qlik-data-gateway-data-movement.rpm

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Martin

LeFigueiredo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello, thank you very much for the prompt response.

I'm sending the operating system's cat:

LeFigueiredo_0-1685453218320.png

And also the message after execution with these new parameters:

LeFigueiredo_1-1685453264827.png

It did indeed create the repagent, but even after the key was generated, it still hasn't created the service. 

LeFigueiredo_2-1685453416111.png

I tried to cat the created path, but it returns an error message saying that it doesn't exist.

LeFigueiredo_3-1685453452914.png

Is this a problem on my end? Or have there been other people with the same issue?

MartinBurgos
Support
Support

Hi there,

The issue was caused because you are using Fedora.

Replicate and Data Movement will create the service script in the /etc/init.d path. Unfortunately, this path doesn't exist in Fedora.

The equivalent path is /etc/rc.d/init.d but all the installation scripts will generate the necessary files pointing to that path.

Can you please try it in a CENTOS 8.x or RHEL 8.x and let us know if that works?

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Martin

Please feel free to accept this message as a solution if it answers your inquiry

raghujakkani
Contributor III
Contributor III

I got the similar error. Mine is CentOS version 9. Is Version 9 compatible ? 

raghujakkani_0-1707253397929.png

raghujakkani_1-1707253459636.png

Alessandro87
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have the same problem on Ubuntu.

Does anyone have a solution?

MartinBurgos
Support
Support

Hi @Alessandro87,

Unfortunately, Ubuntu is not supported.

@raghujakkani,

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.x is supported from November 2023 Service Release 01. If you still need help, contact our support team via live chat.

Kind Regards,
Martin