Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akhtar
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to connect Qlik Sense with Oracle Fusion Cloud?

Hi

We are currently reviewing our Oracle setup and using Qlik Sense as a reporting tool for it, has anyone got a Qlik Sense data connection to Oracle Fusion in the cloud?

Our present arrangement is that Qlik Sense connects to the Oracle database that we host on-site via Oracle Connector.

Whether we go to a cloud-based Fusion service, data will be housed off-site, and I'm not sure if the host would enable the Oracle connection method, therefore getting the required extracts could be a major problem.

Thanks

Akhtar

3 Replies
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

if you are using a Oracle database then you have to connect it with connection string. either it's hosted on on-prem or ON-cloud. 

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

deepaksahirwar
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @Akhtar ,

Yes, it is possible to connect Qlik Sense with Oracle Fusion Cloud.

In Qlik Sense, you can connect to an Oracle database through the Add data dialog or the Data load editor. Connections to an Oracle database are made by selecting Oracle from the list of drivers in the list of connectors in the Qlik Sense Add data or Data load editor dialogs.

If Oracle Fusion Cloud allows for RESTful connections, then that would be the best candidate.

For setting up the Qlik Sense Oracle Connector with Oracle’s Fusion Cloud service, you can find the required information such as Host Name and Service Name for the connector in the Administering Data Integration for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud.

Please follow the instructions in the provided resources to create a connection.

If you found our response useful, we kindly ask you to click on “Accept as Solution”. This will aid other users in finding the answer more effortlessly.

Best Regards,

Deepak

Akhtar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @deepaksahirwar 
i have your provided solution and it worked to extract data for only one table.
suppose i have established rest connection to extract data for the all invoices table as per below API provided by Oracle Fusion.

from this approach you have to create new connection to query the new table which increase the number of connections. Is there any other way to us rest API dynamically using data editor script or something else by using which we can extract data smartly.

The main purpose is that how can i send multiple APIS requests using only one QLIK rest connection.

Thanks

Akhtar