Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericdelaqua
Creator
Creator

User Import filter products for specific countries

Hi All,

I have researched this in the community and tried a few suggestion but none is working for my requirement. Any ideas?

wihtout using the script and returning a flag, I would like to use the user import file to define a filter for Product A and B where the countrie is not BELGIUM or FRANCE.

is this possible? I have tried : [ProductCat]={Home,Garden,Kitchen},[Country]<>{FRANCE,BELGIUM}

Also tried

[ProductCat]={Home,Garden,Kitchen},[Country]-={FRANCE,BELGIUM}

Any ideas how to make this work. the list of countried applicable is huge and am trying to avoid listing all of them if possible

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @ericdelaqua, It is not 100% clear how you want to apply your filters from your description. 

I suggest you study my blog posts regarding filters: https://nprintingadventures.com/category/nprinting/filters/ especially:

Also - you need ask yourself a question if you are able to achieve such filter directly in Qlik applying "Advanced search" on the field.

If your filter is based on Product field you can use:

Field: Product, Advanced Search filter: =Count(Distinct {<[ProductCat]={'Home','Garden','Kitchen'},[Country]-={'FRANCE','BELGIUM'}>}Product) > 0

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @ericdelaqua, It is not 100% clear how you want to apply your filters from your description. 

I suggest you study my blog posts regarding filters: https://nprintingadventures.com/category/nprinting/filters/ especially:

Also - you need ask yourself a question if you are able to achieve such filter directly in Qlik applying "Advanced search" on the field.

If your filter is based on Product field you can use:

Field: Product, Advanced Search filter: =Count(Distinct {<[ProductCat]={'Home','Garden','Kitchen'},[Country]-={'FRANCE','BELGIUM'}>}Product) > 0

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ericdelaqua
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks @Lech_Miszkiewicz . I used your advance search suggestion