Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hide_Taira
Contributor
Contributor

Requirement of NW direction

Hi Team

I'd like to know the requirements of network direction (e.g. from the source to Qlik, or bidirectional flow) between the source and Qlik Replicate and also the target and Qlik Replicate to configure the firewall rule between them, but I couldn't find any information about it. Could anyone let me know what kind of traffic flow should be necessary for the source and the target?  

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @Hide_Taira ,

Yes, you can change the port number in the endpoint.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @Hide_Taira ,

Thank you for reaching out to us in the Qlik Community.

Regarding the firewall rule, the best practice is to ensure that you can establish connections to the databases from the Replicate machine by using their client application. For example, with an Oracle server, you can verify connectivity by running sqlplus on the Replicate machine. 

Once the database connections are verified and functioning correctly, you can proceed to configure the Replicate server. 

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello @Hide_Taira 

Today NW device is configured which may not see any limitation from the network ends. 

however if source endpoint replicate server and target endpoint is in different Geographic location ( US /EMEA/APAC) you see increased latency between data apply 

there is no Such formula to anticipate the require NW bandwidth between participating servers. 

Make sure Connectivity should be constant. and Port are open on the server and Firewall's of participating servers 

below link have some info.  

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2023/Content/Replicate/Main/Installation/Recommended_H...

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

Hide_Taira
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @DesmondWOO @SushilKumar 
I appreciate your quick replies. We'd like to check our hardware and network routing on our env because at least target and source would be in different data center (e.g. on-premise and cloud)

I'm sorry but I have 1 more query.
Regarding the required port for replication, I guess that might depend on the spec of each target/source endpoint, and we could customize these ports by changing these configurations on Qlik Replica and also each endpoint.  Could you let me know if my understanding is correct?

Thank you

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @Hide_Taira ,

Yes, you can change the port number in the endpoint.

Regards,
Desmond