Skip to main content
Announcements
Do More with Qlik - Qlik Cloud Analytics Recap and Getting Started, June 19: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clondono
Creator III
Creator III

Before() Function in Pivot Table

Hello community,

I have a requirement to create a pivot table to show the Inventory Weekly change.

I'm using the Before () function, however I can't get the chart to display the weekly change for the first week of each quarter.  I'm attaching a sample QVW file. 

Thanks for your help!

1.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

If you have data prior to 20134, then I would believe it should work automatically with this:

Aggr(RangeSum(Sum([Inventory by Week]),-Above(TOTAL SUM([Inventory by Week]))), (YYYYQT, (NUMERIC)), (QtrWeek,(NUMERIC)))

Is it not working? I mean it is working for 20141 right? it is doing 20141 week 1 - 20134 week 13?, so I think it should do the same for 20131 week 1 also.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

What numbers do you expect to see Carlos? This?

Capture.PNG

I don't think that you want this, but if you do, I used RangeSum to do this

RangeSum((SUM([Inventory by Week])),

-(Before(SUM([Inventory by Week]))))

sunny_talwar

or this?

Aggr(RangeSum(Sum([Inventory by Week]),-Above(TOTAL SUM([Inventory by Week]))), (YYYYQT, (NUMERIC)), (QtrWeek,(NUMERIC)))

Capture.PNG

clondono
Creator III
Creator III
Author

As always thank you Sunny for your great suggestions!

Using the Aggr, Range Sum, Total (second solution you suggested) gets me very close to the results I am looking for.  On my data set I have YYYYQT dated earlier than YYYYQT= 20134.  So, for the first cell (QtrWeek= 1, YYYYQT = 20134 in the sample) I am expecting to see the the beginning inventory in first week of 20134 minus ending Inventory in last week 20133 (week 13). If for example, Inventory for 20133 week 13 was 65.5, I expect to see 3.0 on that first cell.

All the results for the remaining weeks are accurate.

Is it possible to achieve that with set analysis?

sunny_talwar

If you have data prior to 20134, then I would believe it should work automatically with this:

Is it not working? I mean it is working for 20141 right? it is doing 20141 week 1 - 20134 week 13?, so I think it should do the same for 20131 week 1 also.

clondono
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Sunny, it works for all the years visible in the chart. I mean if there is data in a previous year not selected in the filter, the first value by default is the total inventory amount at the beginning of the quarter.  It doesn't show the change in inventory for the first week visible in the chart, instead it shows the beginning of inventory at that time.

I understand the limitation of the chart and I think that as long as the users understand it as well we will be OK.

One small change I added was defining the NUMERIC value at the beginning of the expression:

Num(Aggr(RangeSum(Sum([Inventory by Week]),-Above(TOTAL SUM([Inventory by Week]))), YYYYQT, QtrWeek)))

Thank you Sunny!

sunny_talwar

Oh I see what you mean, this should resolve the issue for you

Aggr(RangeSum(Sum([Inventory by Week]),-Above(TOTAL SUM({1}[Inventory by Week]))) * Avg(1), (YYYYQT, (NUMERIC)), (QtrWeek,(NUMERIC)))