cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QFanatic
Creator
Creator

Chart - assistance with expression

Good day, I'm attaching a really simple sample so as not to step on toes :).

In my Excel file I have records for 3 people, for the last 3 days - if they've paid any accounts or not on that particular day.

Eventually I want my chart ONLY to display people that have NOT paid any accounts - for ALL 3 days. 

I'm battling with the syntax of the chart. Please if you may assist.

1. What I'm trying to do is set an indicator, per Person - of 1 or 0 so that I can visually see whom I'd like to interrogate further - in this instance I would like to speak with Joe (all 3 days add up to 0). He's in trouble, LOL.

What does my expression need to look like?

2. Once this is correct - I want to fire an Nprinting report for our Accounts Dept to follow up with these Non Payers only - ( Joe). So ideally I want to set some variable to 'Yes' or 'No' if there are ANY people who didnt pay accounts. If everyone has paid within the last 3 days, I'm happy and dont want to fire the report.

I cannot get this variable right either.

Would appreciate some assistance here, as I've got a requirement for something similar.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
AR_Gonza_2107
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi ! 

Maybe you could try using a flag instead of a variable; if your data will always be related to the last 3 days, could be something like:

FACT:  
LOAD
    Person,
    Date#(Date, 'DD/MM/YYYY') as Date,
    Accounts_Paid,
    [Within last 3 days]
FROM .xls;

Flag_solution:
NOCONCATENATE LOAD
    Person,
    IF(SUM (Accounts_Paid) > 0, 1, 0) AS FLAG_PAID //you will be interested in the zero values
RESIDENT FACT
GROUP BY Person;
DROP TABLE FACT;

QFanatic
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I will have other days outside of the 3 days scope as well.