Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

EDX, authentication and 403 Forbidden

Hello,

I have a problem setting up EDX triggers.

When I use QMSEDX.exe (provided by the community), I get the following error:

Failed to create a client to the specified Uri.

Could not find endpoint element with name 'BasicHttpBinding_IQMS' and contract 'QMSAPI.IQMS' in the ServiceModel client configuration section. This might be because no configuration file was found for your application, or because no endpoint element matching this name could be found in the client element.

Failed to start the task because no QMS client was created.

After this I tried the QMS API Client (from Powertools) and I get a 403 error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: The HTTP request was forbidden with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

I also have a simple PowerShell script to send a SOAP message, yet the error is still the same.

[System.Net.ServicePointManager]::ServerCertificateValidationCallback = {$true} # Ignore SSL check

$url = 'https://localhost:4799/QMS/Service'

$proxy = New-WebServiceProxy $url -UseDefaultCredential

write ($proxy.GetTimeLimitedServiceKey())

Do you have any ideas what could be wrong? How can I debug that?

Thank you,

Krzysztof

----

EDIT:

This seems to be a certificate problem. The server is configured to use digital certificates for backend services.

How can I create a client certificate to launch EDX commands?

0 Replies