Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exclude specific values from a field for all objects

Hi everyone,

I would like to default my sheet to exclude specific values from a field (1-2 values, out of several hundred), and then insert a button that would allow the user to toggle whether those values are included in all my charts and expressions. I am not sure what the most efficient way to do this is. Do you have any idea?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Andrew,

The simplest way is to do it using default selection in your field, but it may be confusing if users make their own selection.  Another approach is to create a copy of that field which doesn't contain the excluded values.  It helps to make this field invisible.

See attached example.  Field1 has values from A to H, and it's "reduced copy" %Field one has values from A to E, values G and H are excluded.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Andrew,

The simplest way is to do it using default selection in your field, but it may be confusing if users make their own selection.  Another approach is to create a copy of that field which doesn't contain the excluded values.  It helps to make this field invisible.

See attached example.  Field1 has values from A to H, and it's "reduced copy" %Field one has values from A to E, values G and H are excluded.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for your response. I really like this elegant solution of adding a second field with values A to E, and I understand the actions you have placed in the 'Include All' button. However, how would I apply these two fields across all my sheet objects? How would I tell them which field to use based on when they press the button?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Andrew,

The selections are applied to the whole data set, hence they are reflected in all objects.  You don't need to do anything special, just use this Field1 as is.  Do not use %Field1 anywhere in the objects, it is only for your "Include" functionality.

Give it a try.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Ah of course, it's so simple. Thank you!