Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Expression conditional when x-axis has 100+ data points

Looking for a way to hide the expression when the x-axis has 100 or more data points.  I have a bar/line graph with two expressions.  First expression (line w/ symbol) shows the number of tickets we open per day over the last 3 fulls months with month to date and a second expression (symbol) showing events that occured on those dates.  When I am viewing the bar/line graph for every day in my criteria, the second expression showing the events creates a line between the events but if I have under 100 days selected, the expression appears correctly as a symbol.

I read somewhere that it is a known issue with expressions that are set to symbol only so I would rather just hide the expression when 100 or more data points are present.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you are using Qlikview 11 you can hide expression by using Conditional option in expression tab, in conditional textbox just use

=Count(DISTINCT DimensionName) <= 100

This automatically hides when datapoints  exceeds 100.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you are using Qlikview 11 you can hide expression by using Conditional option in expression tab, in conditional textbox just use

=Count(DISTINCT DimensionName) <= 100

This automatically hides when datapoints  exceeds 100.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

PFA file for solution.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What if the dimension I need to count is a cyclic group?

EDIT:  So I got it to work by doing this =COUNT(DISTINCT(DATE(FLOOR(Opened_At),'MM-DD-YYYY'))) <= 100 but it causes the expression to hide when I am in the month dimension of the group because the day count is greater than 100.

My group is made up of this:

MonthName(Opened_At)

WeekStart(Opened_At)

DATE(FLOOR(Opened_At),'MM-DD-YYYY')

Hour(Opened_At)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

After some thought I was able to toss this conditional together and it worked.  Thanks for the help!

COUNT(DISTINCT(DATE(FLOOR(Opened_At),'MM-DD-YYYY'))) <= 100 OR NOT GetCurrentField("DateTime") = '=DATE(FLOOR(Opened_At),''MM-DD-YYYY'')'