Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Announces Qlik Talend Cloud and Qlik Answers: LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Free QlikView Mapping Extension/Solution?

Hi Experts,

I am researching the possible free QlikView Map Extension solution.

I found a few in the below links:

Extensions

http://qlikthinking.co.uk/2014/qlikview-maps-review-of-some-of-the-options/

However, I am looking for a solution that come for free.

I understood that anything built using Google Maps and used for private reasons or for business or Organisation, it attracts Business license cost. I believe this applies to the Scatter chart that uses Google Maps too. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the experts out there to help me direct me to a solution that I can use for our requirement and that does not have costs involved.

Our Requirement:

We need to display the data on the Geographical maps showing our business activities such as incidents attended by our staff. This does not track the live data such as GPS, like the live asset tracking system. Rather, it displaying longitude and latitude stored in a database table.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Shyam.

9 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check this link for various mapping options

Google MAPs related APPs

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan.

However, the extensions using google maps will incur a cost from Google.

If it is used for private purposes by organisations, a Business user license has be acquired from Google.

I appreciate if I could get any Free extension objects that I can use and that does not have any costs involved.

Regards,

Shyam.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

There are other maps like SVG etc.  did you checked that?

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shyam,

Take a look at Qlik´s own free extension here: http://market.qlik.com/qlikview-svg-map.html

If you´d like to know more about mapping in QlikView and Qlik Sense, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@idevio.com

BR

/Jonas Karlsson

@ IdevioMaps - a premium map extension for QlikView And Qlik Sense

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan.

I will have a look at the SVG map. But just curious. Is it jus the heat map? Can I show the data as bubbles or some other pointers?

Thanks heaps.

Regards,

Shyam

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonas for your helpful information.

However, just curious if IdevioMaps is free to use?

Thanks heaps in advance.

Regards,

Shyam.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shyam,

I´m sorry but IdevioMaps is not for free. You can evaluate it for a month but after that it´s not for free anymore.

IdevioMaps is a product that we develop, support and invest a lot of effort in. We include help, tons of examples and upgrades. For us is a map tool not just about showing a background map, it´s about location, custom regions, combining data layers and much more. We have learned that our customers have a fast return on their investment using IdevioMaps.

So if you´re interested in a fast way to start your geo bi analysis or just test IdevioMaps , contact us at info@idevio.com

Best regards

/Jonas

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check the options in the Style tab of Scatter Chart, you can get those styles.

Regards,

Jagan.

rachit_gaur
Contributor
Contributor

did you get any solution for this, i am looking for some solution like this!