cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I create a trend chart ?

Greetings

trends.PNG.png

I am trying to analyze the trends. My client launched a new products where each user accumulate points every month  when they participate in some activities.

When they launch the product in Mid July 2013,. they had 103 Members and gradually the membership increased every month.

Now I want to analyze the first 103  members point accumulating trends on monthly basis. how do I create a chart?

I have created the chart as follows but looks like I am wrong.

Chart 1,

Dimension :MONTH_CD

Expression :COUNT(USER_ID)

Chart 2:

Dimension :MONTH_CD

Expression :SUM(SCORE)

When I select Month 201307, then I am unable to see 201308,201309 etc for the users who participated in 201307. How do I analyze the trend for selective users?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you actually want to select the users active on the month which you are selecting, you would need something like a 'Select possible values' on the user field. You can either do this by using the context menu on the list box, or use set analysis with implicite field value definitions, i.e. the p() function.

Something along these lines:

=Sum({<USER_ID = p(), MONTH_CD= >}SCORE)

View solution in original post

12 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Try a cyclic group with Month and UserId

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you actually want to select the users active on the month which you are selecting, you would need something like a 'Select possible values' on the user field. You can either do this by using the context menu on the list box, or use set analysis with implicite field value definitions, i.e. the p() function.

Something along these lines:

=Sum({<USER_ID = p(), MONTH_CD= >}SCORE)

Not applicable
Author

you can use probable function in set analysis.

= sum({<USER_ID = p({<MONTH_CD={201307}>})>}SCORE)

Not applicable
Author

MONTH_CD is user selectable. If I use this statement in expression directly it is qv shows as error.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kumar

Now you have hard coded MONTH_CD=201307 how do i make this user selectable from list box?

Also some user who participate in 201307 may not participate in 201308 or other months. So is their any way I can show the count for the users?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply

Am I missing something?

In Dimension Edit Group-> New Group -> Added USER_ID and  MONTH_CD

Then added the New Group to Dimension

When I click the cyclic icon entire users are populated. making it difficult to analyze.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

MONTH_CD is user selectable. If I use this statement in expression directly it is qv shows as error.

Does it just show the red underlines, but saying 'Expression ok'? Could just be the known bug in the syntax checker.

If possible, post a small sample application.

Not applicable
Author

you can use a variable instead of hard coding it.

vMonth=getSelectedValue(MONTH_CD)

then selected value in list box reflected here.

for count of users, a set analysis equation is:

= Count({<USER_ID = p({<MONTH_CD={201307}>})>}USER_ID)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nuthan Kumar

Thanks for the help.

I am using Qlikview version 11.20.12235.0

Looks like getSelectedValue function is not supported. Am I making any mistake?vmonth.PNG.png