Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ListBoxes not Connected

I'm working on a complex example in QlikView in which listboxes will be created from a number of different source tables but they all need to be connected to each other as well as the straight table I'm creating.  I've got 3 listboxes generated from 1 table and they are all connected and updating the straight table (and each other) as expected.  I've added in another listbox (DevelopmentSite) and I've got it so that it updates the straight table, but it doesn't seem to be connected to the other listboxes (in that the available selections are not changing when something is selected in the DevelopmentSite listbox or vice-versa).  What am I doing wrong?  I have attached my example.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

What you're doing wrong is that you didn't associate the tables with each other. Qlikview associates tables on common field names. Since no table shares a field name with another table all the tables are unconnected. That means selections in a field from one table have no effect on the other tables. The way to fix this is to rename some fields so the tables will be associated correctly. Looks like you'll have to split some fields too. The first part of CONTRACTOR seems to relate to CONTRACTORTP.

Same for HANDLER and TESTERCONFIG. ID seems to relate to PROJECTID so those could be simple named the same.

Try changing the first load statement to this:

LOAD ID,

CONTACTOR,

SubField(CONTACTOR,';',1) AS CONTACTORTP,

TESTERCONFIG,

SubField(TESTERCONFIG,';',1) AS TESTERCONFIGTP,

HANDLER,

SubField(HANDLER,';',1) AS HANDLERID,

DEVELOPMENTSITE,

XWIDTH,

YLENGTH;

SQL SELECT ID,

DECODE(CONTACTOR, NULL, '<NULL>', CONTACTOR) AS CONTACTOR,

DECODE(TESTERCONFIG, NULL, '<NULL>', TESTERCONFIG) AS TESTERCONFIG,

DECODE(HANDLER, NULL, '<NULL>', HANDLER) AS HANDLER,

DECODE(DEVELOPMENTSITE, NULL, '<NULL>', DEVELOPMENTSITE) AS DEVELOPMENTSITE,

DECODE(XWIDTH, NULL, '<NULL>', XWIDTH) AS XWIDTH,

DECODE(YLENGTH, NULL, '<NULL>', YLENGTH) AS YLENGTH

FROM ADI.GETDATAVIEW;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

What you're doing wrong is that you didn't associate the tables with each other. Qlikview associates tables on common field names. Since no table shares a field name with another table all the tables are unconnected. That means selections in a field from one table have no effect on the other tables. The way to fix this is to rename some fields so the tables will be associated correctly. Looks like you'll have to split some fields too. The first part of CONTRACTOR seems to relate to CONTRACTORTP.

Same for HANDLER and TESTERCONFIG. ID seems to relate to PROJECTID so those could be simple named the same.

Try changing the first load statement to this:

LOAD ID,

CONTACTOR,

SubField(CONTACTOR,';',1) AS CONTACTORTP,

TESTERCONFIG,

SubField(TESTERCONFIG,';',1) AS TESTERCONFIGTP,

HANDLER,

SubField(HANDLER,';',1) AS HANDLERID,

DEVELOPMENTSITE,

XWIDTH,

YLENGTH;

SQL SELECT ID,

DECODE(CONTACTOR, NULL, '<NULL>', CONTACTOR) AS CONTACTOR,

DECODE(TESTERCONFIG, NULL, '<NULL>', TESTERCONFIG) AS TESTERCONFIG,

DECODE(HANDLER, NULL, '<NULL>', HANDLER) AS HANDLER,

DECODE(DEVELOPMENTSITE, NULL, '<NULL>', DEVELOPMENTSITE) AS DEVELOPMENTSITE,

DECODE(XWIDTH, NULL, '<NULL>', XWIDTH) AS XWIDTH,

DECODE(YLENGTH, NULL, '<NULL>', YLENGTH) AS YLENGTH

FROM ADI.GETDATAVIEW;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

And just like that you made my complex work so much more simple!!!  Thank you so very much!