cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Report list

Hi all

Very new to Qlikview so please bear with me!

I have a couple of questions, which I will ask as separate questions once I have exhausted my searches!

The first one is, is there a way to display available reports as a list box?

Basically, I have a user select page where the user (who I will assume has zero knowledge of QV) selects a couple of parameters (client name and date range), selects one of three reports and then presses the "Go" button.

I have the first bit and the last bit but cannot find any mention of the Document reports listing

Many thanks

4 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Not that I know (but happy to be proven wrong), but if you have 3 reports you could consider making 3 buttons for these reports.

May you live in interesting times!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That was going to be my solution but thought I would investigate where the report(s) are saved as variables

Thanks

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The publisher can be used for this purpose ...

gsbeaton
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yes, you can do this a couple of ways, firstly, if you are using Publisher, users will have access to 'reports' (I presume you mean QlikView documents?) from within Access Point, organised either as a list or as thumbnails.

Secondly, if you want to display a list of documents in a folder you can use the filename() function to get a list of QVW documents.  You could then build a URL to launch these applications for the user so they can click from directly within your application.  For that, use a straight table and in the expression, ensure you select 'Link' under Representation.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

George