Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rulohx87
Contributor III
Contributor III

SET ANALYSIS SUBQUERY

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with a subquery. I want to get students who are deserters.

If the student has a status = "B *" is a defector, provided that does not exist in the same year with a Status P, I, C, NP, SC

This is my Query to obtain them.

Query Result "25.513" Defector

select distinct COUNT(*)

from STUDENT a

/* COUNT({<CiEglini = {2014}, EAGCve = {"B*"} >} STUDENT) */

/***RESULT = 49,536 defectors**  ------ How do I add the code in blue?

where     a.CiEgIni = 2014  and

a.EAGCve like 'B%' and

not exists (       select ''

from     STUDENT b

where     b.CiEgIni=a.CiEgIni and

b.CURP=a.CURP and

b.EAGCve in ('P','I','C','NP','SC'))

Is there another way?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In a chart with Year and Student as a dimension you can use the following expression:

Sum(Aggr(-(Count({<Status={"B*"}>} Student)>0  AND Count( {<Status={'C','I','NP','P'}>} Student)=0),Year,Student))

So basically you Count the number of students that has status B* and then you make sure that they don't dont count if they have had the status C, I, NP or P within the same year.

If you don't need to collapse like in a Pivot Table so you always keep both dimensions active you could have a simplified expression like this:

-(Count({<Status={"B*"}>} Student)>0  AND Count( {<Status={'C','I','NP','P'}>} Student)=0)

This will return a 1 for each student that has deserted. This could be hidden in a Straight Table.

If you want to display the list of students in a Text Box you could use this expression:

=Concat({1<Year={2014},Status={'B'}>-<Student=P({<Year={2014},Status={'C','I','NP','P'}>})>} Student,Chr(10),Student ID)

I have attached a demo application where you can see both approaches being used.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do you look for another way in SQL or for another way with QlikView. Furthermore is it OK to do this in the QlikView application and not in the Load Script?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In a chart with Year and Student as a dimension you can use the following expression:

Sum(Aggr(-(Count({<Status={"B*"}>} Student)>0  AND Count( {<Status={'C','I','NP','P'}>} Student)=0),Year,Student))

So basically you Count the number of students that has status B* and then you make sure that they don't dont count if they have had the status C, I, NP or P within the same year.

If you don't need to collapse like in a Pivot Table so you always keep both dimensions active you could have a simplified expression like this:

-(Count({<Status={"B*"}>} Student)>0  AND Count( {<Status={'C','I','NP','P'}>} Student)=0)

This will return a 1 for each student that has deserted. This could be hidden in a Straight Table.

If you want to display the list of students in a Text Box you could use this expression:

=Concat({1<Year={2014},Status={'B'}>-<Student=P({<Year={2014},Status={'C','I','NP','P'}>})>} Student,Chr(10),Student ID)

I have attached a demo application where you can see both approaches being used.