Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis / Expressions

Dimension limit allows us to show First n values. Is it possible to show some values between n and m indices? I have attached a sample here. I would like to skip displaying the values for first 2 and last 2 years. Just show the values corresponding to the years left in between. How can this be achieved by using set analysis in expression.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nishant

Please find the attached file

Regards

Harsha

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nishant,

you can have a start and end year variable which can drive your set analysis yes, see example.

That allows users to drive the range they are after, if you just wanted a hard rule of removing the lowest and greatest two years then hide the variables and code them accordingly.

hope that helps

Joe

rubenmarin

Hi, in expression you can use:

Only({<Year={">=$(=Min({1} Year)+2)<=$(=Max({1} Year)-2)"}>} Employees)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nishant

Please find the attached file

Regards

Harsha

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps like this: sum({<Year={'>$(=min({1}Year,2))<$(=max({1}Year,2))'}>}Employees)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Joe

You ignored the condition that was already there on that expression. I would need that condition as well. Can you suggest a way out?

Not applicable
Author

The conditional you set was a calculation condition i.e should the expression show or not.

You can just enable that again if it's required, as all I have adjusted is the expression itself to be relative to the min/max year variables