Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to migration of report from excel to qlikview

how to migration of report from excel to qlikview

15 Replies
its_anandrjs

Please elaborate more or provide sample file.

Regards

Anand

Not applicable
Author

i dont have sample file...please make it and to provide solution

its_anandrjs

How can i make it by assuming if possible provide any sample files for this.

Regards

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anand,

I am new to Qlikview.I dont have any sample file.but i have an doubt on that.please make it solution.

Regards

raja

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Whilst you can use Excel as a QlikView data source, there is no generic method for migrating a "report" from Excel to QlikView.

its_anandrjs

Hi,

In qlikview you cannot migrate excel reports into qlikview but you can use excel files as data source as Bill say and you can use the excel file as source data for report that you have. In the qlikview you can load the data from excel reports but if data rows and columns not in the proper manner then you have to transform the columns into the qlikview. After that create the same reports into qlikview by using qlikview.

Because qlikview reads data from excel source file from first row or how can define your own header line to start loading data. Example from excel you can load rows from 4 or 8 about your requirement.

Hope this helps

Regards

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anand,

I have an excel file.In this excel file first 10  records have nulls.after 10 records have data.if load this excel file only data records to be load.how to implement this?

Regards

Raja

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Questions is how many fields are there in excel file and all the fields has first 10 rows null. If all has 10 null values then no need to remove it because null ignore in load. But if another column has no null values then you have to remove it bu using Null() or Isnull() functions.

Regards

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anand,

Thank You.

Regards

Raja