Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Qlik Sense should allow multiple simultaneous reloads of Apps

Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik Sense should allow multiple simultaneous reloads of Apps

We often want to break down data loads in threads which means the same app should be simultaneously ran by multiple tasks. That way we can achieve controlled multithreading. Currently the only option is to create duplicates of the same application which makes the dataflow script difficult to maintain and update.

I suggest we consider the idea that multiple tasks can execute the same application and this error be entirely removed from the QS landscape:

Stoyan_Terziev_0-1671185651504.png

4 Comments
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi @Stoyan_Terziev thanks for providing the idea.

Some question about your idea:

- You want the exact same App to be reloaded at the same time ? From what we are seeing in your question, the use case is, different parts of the script should run in parallel . That's what you want to achieve ?

- Are you generating QVD's or so during those steps ? You could split those sections of your script into multiple Apps, schedule those at the same time and then having a single App to load it all.

Can you please clarify the use case a little more.

Best regards,

Thomas

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hey @Thomas_Hopp , thanks for the follow-up.

My exact use case is I am using QS to write QVDs directly to a PostgreSQL server so other systems can consume the data generated by a Qlik DWH.

I need to reach the PostgreSQL write bandwidth so I've created multithreaded approach. Currently I am forced to split the work between individual applications, thus - I flood my Imports stream with the same app all over the place. Also, if I need to apply a small change, I need to add it to every one single instance of the same app.

I can think of a bunch more use cases:

The QV functionality where you could add parameter to Task allowed us to reuse the same script in the form of externally triggered function, thus - improve and simplify maintenance of the environment and reduce the number of items to manage. QS is somehow steering away from the object oriented design. (that idea is already submitted and I highly encourage you and will deeply appreciate it if you promote it for review as well)

Thanks for considering!

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived