Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I load an Excel 2010 named table ?

Hi All,

I want to load an Excel 2010 table (rather than a sheet) into my QV application. What is the syntax for this please ?

Thanks

MV

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I have attached a sample QVW & Excel spreadsheet, I am curious if this would work for you. I am using QlikView version 11.20 SR1.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
cspencer3
Creator II
Creator II

I believe you can load data from a table just like a normal sheet. You would want to go into your script editor and use the Table Files Wizard. I just tried it with a quickly inserted table using dummy data and the wizard saw it right away. Syntax appears to be identical, so QlikView still finds it by column/row info.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Charles,

Using the Tables File Wizard doesn't allow you to select the table name. It only lists the sheet names. It appears to ignore the table name completely.

To prove the point I created two separate Excel tables on the same sheet and it just took in all the data as a single range. And if you refer to an Excel table by name in the LOAD statement, it doesn't recognise it. I was hoping that maybe the syntax was different for a table rather than a sheet.

Thanks for your response

MV

cspencer3
Creator II
Creator II

So you need to be able to address specific tables no matter where they are in the document? I assume that is so that if they move you can still address them?

Not applicable
Author

You should be able to. For example, the following load statement will load data from a table called "SalesTable" in an Excel spreadsheet:

LOAD *

FROM

Sample.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is SalesTable);

Also, if you use the wizard to load the table, you can use the "Tables" dropdown which will show sheet names and table names:

table.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Lior,

The 'Tables' dropdown only shows sheet names, not table names. Even though I can list my table names in  Excel Name Manager, they do not show in QlikView. I'm using Excel 2010 and QlikView 11.00.

Any ideas

MV

Not applicable
Author

I have attached a sample QVW & Excel spreadsheet, I am curious if this would work for you. I am using QlikView version 11.20 SR1.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Lior,

Sorry for the delay !

Yes, QV recognises the column headers of the table. Interesting result.

MV