Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transport Layer Security in Macro

Dear Experts,

Does Macro in QV support TLS(Transport Layer Security)??

I am getting this error" The transport failed to connect to the server" and came to know that it could be because of Transport Layer Security which I am not sure that Qlikview with Macro support it or not??

Pls Suggest.

Regards,

Balraj

8 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try setting the Current Local Security and Module Security to -> System Access. Otherwise, if you are working in an organization where security is taken to a pretty high level, better have a talk with IT security team, they could help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Tresco,

I have already applied those settings, with GMail configuration I am able to send all the mail with attachment.

But when I use companies webmail settings, it throw me an error" The Transport Failed to connect to the Server".

I checked with IT security team and they told me that it seems QV Macro does support Transport Layer Security.

Any alternate solution of this?

Also want to know is their any thing which I need to set in QMC, I have already done Mail Server setting in QMC with provided credentials.

Pls suggest.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I would check if the Port number being used in the macro is the right one (gmail port and your company mail ports may varry).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Right,

Both Gmail port and company port are different.

I have gone through the Macro discussion in community and I have found SMTPServer and PortNo both are required.

Pls suggest, I need to do it with company SMTPServer and PortNo.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Yes both are required. And the default port is 25.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried 25 and provided by company  but I am getting an error of "the transport did not connect to the server".

Could you suggest what is this message?

I spoke to the IT Security Team and they told me that it is because QV Macro does not support Transport Security Layer(TSL).

Is it so??

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Balraj Ahlawat wrote:

... ...QV Macro does not support Transport Security Layer(TSL).

Is it so??

I don't know what they are trying to mean by this. It seems that they are reading out the error message. Problem could be somewhere else.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not Tresco,

After having a discussion with IT Team, I put this on community.

I am in touch with IT Team for this solution. In case if you get any solution to solve this please suggest else I will update on community after getting the solution.