Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bullet graphs in Qlik Sense Desktop

Is there a way to create bullet graphs, as described by Stephen Few, in Qlik Sense Desktop?

I don't need all the functionality of a full bullet graph, but here is one example of what I'm trying to do:

I have a list of "campers" and "mentors" for a program.  For each university that sends participants, I want to display an outer bar for the total number of participants (campers + mentors) and a smaller bar INSIDE of that showing the number of campers.  The purpose of the chart is to convey the total number of participants from each university, while also giving a sense of the camper-to-mentor ratio by home university.

I've tried playing with combo charts, and I can make a bar chart with lines or points superimposed.  But what I'm really hoping for is a bullet graph, where there is an outer bar and an inner bar.

I've seen posts about bullet charts pertaining to Qlik View (not Qlik Sense).  One of them recommends modifying a combo chart (but the details are in an attachment that I can't open), and there appear to be several extensions mentioned (can you apply an extension to Qlik Sense Desktop??).

I'm brand new to Qlik products, so please forgive me if I'm missing something obvious.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Thomas - not with the 'out of box' dashboard widgets but YES if you use an extension object.

One of the best places to get extension objects is on http://branch.qlik.com.   Register on the site and you can browse free extension objects (dozens of them) which you can add to your desktop or server based installation of Sense.

Here is my search for bullet on branch. Note the reference to stephen few. I have used this extension and it worked great.  When you download the zip, unzip it to your c:\users\<userid>\documents\sense\extensions folder . then restart qlik sense desktop and next time you go into edit mode in a dashboard you will see the bullet chart

Capture.PNG

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Qlik Branc

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Thomas - not with the 'out of box' dashboard widgets but YES if you use an extension object.

One of the best places to get extension objects is on http://branch.qlik.com.   Register on the site and you can browse free extension objects (dozens of them) which you can add to your desktop or server based installation of Sense.

Here is my search for bullet on branch. Note the reference to stephen few. I have used this extension and it worked great.  When you download the zip, unzip it to your c:\users\<userid>\documents\sense\extensions folder . then restart qlik sense desktop and next time you go into edit mode in a dashboard you will see the bullet chart

Capture.PNG

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Qlik Branc

mbjallow6
Contributor III
Contributor III

How do you import extentions in Qlik Enterprise?