Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Count all the Employees till previous month in each month Column

HI All,

Can you please advise me on my bellow requirement?

1. Number of Enrollees At Beginning of The Month: - if I do not select any year from selection box, I should get latest year data (2013 as of now), and in Jan month Column I should get all the members who joined till Dec -31-2012, in Feb month column I should get all the members who joined till Jan -31-2013 and so on. Once I click on 2012 in Jan month Column I should get all the members who joined till Dec -31-2011, in Feb month column I should get all the members who joined till Jan -31-2012 and so on

2. Number of Enrollees at End of Current Month: - if I do not select any year from selection box, I should get latest year data (2013 as of now), and in Jan month Column I should get all the members who joined till Jan -31-2013, in Feb month column I should get all the members who joined till Feb -28-2013 and so on. Once I click on 2012 in Jan month Column I should get all the members who joined till Jan -31-2013, in Feb month column I should get all the members who joined till Feb -28-2012 and so on

You all can view the attached qvw for better understanding of my requirement.

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think you need as AsOf table. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Wassenaar,

Thanks for your quick reply; this helps me a lot to get exactly what I need. This was for only one section, but in the same data model I need to include other subject areas information like Employee Communication with employer via email etc... , Employee goal what he/she decided? In my FACT_MEMBERS qvd’s I have a separate column for those subject area dates.  In my DATELINK qvd’s Type is the column which determines that date pertains to which Subject Area, for me 1 is for Employee Join date, 2 is for Employee communication(email Send)  date, 3 is for Employee goals, 5 are for Employee Termination date.

I tried to accommodate other subject area in Asof link table, but not able to get the data.

Below is requirement for other rows:-

1. Number of Enrollees At Beginning of The Month: - if I do not select any year from selection box, I should get latest year data (2013 as of now), and in Jan month Column I should get all the members who joined till Dec -31-2012, in Feb month column I should get all the members who joined till Jan -31-2013 and so on. Once I click on 2012 in Jan month Column I should get all the members who joined till Dec -31-2011, in Feb month column I should get all the members who joined till Jan -31-2012 and so on

2. Number of Enrollees at End of Current Month: - if I do not select any year from selection box, I should get latest year data (2013 as of now), and in Jan month Column I should get all the members who joined till Jan -31-2013, in Feb month column I should get all the members who joined till Feb -28-2013 and so on. Once I click on 2012 in Jan month Column I should get all the members who joined till Jan -31-2013, in Feb month column I should get all the members who joined till Feb -28-2012 and so on

3. Number Of Employees Terminated in Current month: - if I do not select any year from selection box, I should get latest year data (2013 as of now), and in Jan month Column I should get all the members whose Termination date is in Jan – 2013, in Feb month Column I should get all the members whose Termination date is in Feb – 2013,

4. Number of Email an Employee send: - if I do not select any year from selection box, I should get latest year data (2013 as of now), let’s say in Jan month Column I should get all the emails count which sent in Jan – 2013, in Feb month Column I should get all the emails count which sent in Feb – 2013, E_RNK is the column which tells us the weather that records is for Email or not, if it’s 1 that pertains to  Email, 0 means that records is related to other subject area.

You can use old qvw for any reference.

Thank you so much for your help........