How to analyse Qlik issue

Every day, we need to make adjustments and monitoring of Qlik solutions, whether for improvements, as well as to understand the health of their applications.
    routine, looking  tasks and licenses, even the analysis or any error log.
         But,
    when something happens and we don´t know exactly, what can I do for the solution? Is there any way to understand the different situations of Qlik environments to solve them? Should I call a consultant, open a call with my partner or I can solve?
         T
    hinking about these situations, I would like to share some  tips that will, at least, guide you to find the solution. These may be used together or isolated:

• Refine the scope of the situation: we can use methodology 5W2H or cause-effect diagram, help to isolate the situation. Questions like "What / When / How / Where" will help. The word "focus" is the target;
    • Chronology of events:  try to find the specific moment where this situation occurred and what changes were made at the environment;
    • Try and catch: this hint should be used with caution. It is a method that aims to identify the situation through repetitive testing until a different result or expected to be achieved;
    • Layers analysis: for those who have heard the "Layers of the OSI Model" or "TCP / IP", helps to understand which component or layer Qlik may be relacionated the situation identified, from the user's desktop to the object of screen;
    • Seeing is Believing: often need to see the situation reported to believe what was said. "The car is with the tank half full" is a bit different from "the car is out of gas.". Sometimes the situation needs, even having higher cost;
    • Definition versus Application: identify through official documentation the actual behavior of functionality and understand if it was used correctly, follows the standards set by the manufacturer;
    • Review or restart: "when nothing works, start different.". Doing the same method possibly keep you on the same situation. Get back a few steps of the process and review and make a decision;
    • Focus on the 80%: recommended when several problems are being treated simultaneously. Focus on the item that is most important. After investigating it, make a new analysis and list the most, to the solution of all adverse situations;
    • Tolerance 1,2,3: always have 3 levels of tolerance in IT, by the frequency of problems:
      • 1st time: may have been something momentary, isolated case or event;
      • 2nd time: deserves a little attention and research, it can become a routine case;
      • 3rd time: must be solved and created mechanism (if possible) to avoid or at least reduce the chance of happening again;

Hope these tips help and improve their experiences with Qlik products.

Ricardo Gerhard
    QlikView and Qlik Sense System Administrator
    QlikView Developer Consultant
    MCSE / MCT
    ITIL Foundations
    Citrix
    CCNA