Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

text

is it possible to manually format text withing sense or is it outside the app builders control?

4 Replies
joe_warbington
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Clive,

What type of formatting are you interested in doing? For a published app, viewers can customize duplicated sheets or create their own sheets using master library items. This allows for customizations of the text.

If you're looking to format the text heavily, I'd look to Widgets, which were recently released with Qlik Sense 3.0 (see this video: Qlik Sense 3.0 - Widget - Quick Demo - YouTube ), Qlik Branch for extensions, or mashups (see this video: Building HTML Mashups for Qlik Sense - YouTube).

Hope that helps. Let us know what you're thinking and I'm sure one of us or another customer will reply with options for you.

Not applicable
Author

ward4.pngthanks Joe,

... just need to do simple formatting, i have added my list/table (see above) as a master item but am now stuck ... can you Please provide a link?

ps i will be using the widget but not NOW, later

joe_warbington
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Clive,

Looks like that is a single dimension. Is that right? You can parse this out using the subfield function, as it looks like it might have a pattern. You could do this in the UI, but I think it'd be better in the script as you pull in the data. Then you'd have When, Where, and What fields separately.

Subfield help and examples: SubField - script and chart function ‒ Qlik Sense

Not applicable
Author