Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. FIND OUT MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ordre
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

HP Gen9 Server

Dear All,

Do you have any chance to test or run QlikView on HP gen9 server? We have been prefering HP gen 8 servers. But now I wonder Gen9 performans and compliance with QlikView. I think using gen9  will not have critical issue, but I want to be sure if you have any surprising issue on Gen 9.

The only inportant specification on Gen 9, I think it is supported intel e5 v3 cpu family.

Any comment will be great?

HP ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server

Thnks

Emre

21 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Of those two, I will stick to the E5-2690. I have been using it for several years with great performance. Now in v3 it is even more powerful. It is not 6x6 but (4x4)+4 but the way its QPI buses communicate shouldn't be any problem.

Anyway, if you have the chance, then test. Note that there are not two equal QVW apps except for yours, and not two equal scenarios: concurrency of users, click and select pattern, data model, expressions, UI... several factors to take into account.

Still, if it was my take, I would go for the E5-2690.

Miguel

EDIT: the base frequency should not be a problem, either. If you disable all C-states according to vendor best practices, the CPU will be working as much as required without going idle and having to wake up again.

If you are accustomed to Linux, it should be the most similar to a "Performance" CPU governor.

Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks Miguel

So you think extra 4 cores of E5-2690 v3 & larger cache will prove more advantageous then higher base speed frequency of E6-2667 V3. They both can handle same memory size and frequency & I think price wise they are almost identical.

For our envionment we want to PIN 1 large app (~20gb data model optimized) and 6 to 9 smaller apps with 40 concurrent users in 1 QVS multiply exact same load scenerio for 2 more QVS machine.

Thanks for all the info.