Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel_peger
Partner - Contributor III

ScalabilityTool assistence needed

Hi,

I'm kind of struggeling with getting the scalability tool working.

I set up my Qlik Sense 2.0.3 Server according to appendix A of the Scalability Tool User Manual:

• applied license
  • configured virtual proxy with header authentication (verified to work with Firefox and "Modify Headers" as suggested)
  • granted license tokens to the static user directory configured in the header authentication settings
  • enabled http to circumvent any certificate issues
  • published application
  • verified user can access application via hub (again with Firefox and "Modify Headers")

However I'm still not able to connect to the application.

The error message and log output the Scalability Tool provides is unfortunately of little help only:

2015-10-06 09:31:37.0125+02:00 DEBUG Trying to open named pipe towards pid: 13060

2015-10-06 09:31:39.9894+02:00 ERROR Failed to get app structure: Failed to connect to app. Error::Failed to connect to application System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.ComponentModel.WarningException: Failed to connect to app. Error::Failed to connect to application

at ClickScenarioEditor.SdkExerciserAssembly.ParseAppStructureResults(String jsonStructure)

at ClickScenarioEditor.SdkExerciserAssembly.<DoGetAppStructure>d__b.MoveNext()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

---> (Inner Exception #0) System.ComponentModel.WarningException: Failed to connect to app. Error::Failed to connect to application

at ClickScenarioEditor.SdkExerciserAssembly.ParseAppStructureResults(String jsonStructure)

at ClickScenarioEditor.SdkExerciserAssembly.<DoGetAppStructure>d__b.MoveNext()<---

I attached the json of the scenario I'm trying to use...

Am I missing something or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

ok, so since not even that simple execution works we can rule out it being any issue with the connect to app functionality.

Connection gets refused. Do you have IIS running or any other application which would use the port 80? In that case try changing it to a different port, i.e. 81 in both QMC and scalability tool.

If there is no such program, the issue is either with settings in the script or in the proxy. Does the server allow ntlm users? In that case, running the tool as a user with access to the app, change to a virtualproxyprefix which allows ntlm users (or removing it if it's the root) and change the connection type to ntlm. If the ntlm user can connect, the issue is either with the headname, the virtualproxyprefix name or token allocation/access rules.

If also the ntlm user fails the problem is most likely with server name or token allocation/access rules.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Usually these issues are due to connection settings not being correct, so to first verify:

* Are you able to connect to the app manually using a header user (e.g. using modify headers plugin in firefox)? - (I see you did this, but as a reference to others)

* If you change the script to only be a timerdelay of maybe 10s (i.e. the user will connect to the app, wait 10s and disconnect) do you get any errors or will it connect when you execute it (i.e not "connect to app")?

daniel_peger
Author

Are you able to connect to the app manually using a header user (e.g. using modify headers plugin in firefox)?

Yes, connecting to the application in Firefox works without problems

If you change the script to only be a timerdelay of maybe 10s (i.e. the user will connect to the app, wait 10s and disconnect) do you get any errors or will it connect?

I attached the log file of the execution result, but it didn't work either. I'm actually not able to connect to the application using the "App structure -> Connect to app" entry from the menu.

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

ok, so since not even that simple execution works we can rule out it being any issue with the connect to app functionality.

Connection gets refused. Do you have IIS running or any other application which would use the port 80? In that case try changing it to a different port, i.e. 81 in both QMC and scalability tool.

If there is no such program, the issue is either with settings in the script or in the proxy. Does the server allow ntlm users? In that case, running the tool as a user with access to the app, change to a virtualproxyprefix which allows ntlm users (or removing it if it's the root) and change the connection type to ntlm. If the ntlm user can connect, the issue is either with the headname, the virtualproxyprefix name or token allocation/access rules.

If also the ntlm user fails the problem is most likely with server name or token allocation/access rules.

daniel_peger
Author

Shame on me.

For some reason Windows' "IIS World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC)" was listening on port 80, preventing Qlik from serving content on this port. I never noticed this as I usually access Qlik over https. However https did not work because of the self-signed certificate I configured in the QMC.

I'm now able to execute scenarios with the ScalabilityTool. Thanks for the quick support!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Daniel Peger,

I'm currently facing the same issue, how can you check if the ports 80 and 443 are being used in the Client test server?

Best Regards

daniel_peger
Author

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much Daniel!

Ok, "listening" is the technical word missing on my web search ^^, thanks.

have a nice day