Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More

App Evaluator in Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

App Evaluator in Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS

Last Update:

Aug 11, 2021 2:17:16 PM

Updated By:

Sue_Macaluso

Created date:

Aug 11, 2021 2:17:16 PM

Transcript

This video will preview the application evaluator available now in Qlik Sense SaaS here I'm in the Qlik Sense SaaS hub and I have a couple of applications I’m going to focus on the Sales Analytics Application and by pressing the ellipsis menu I'm going to go to evaluate performance. Here once selected I'll have a notification at the top center that the evaluation of that app has been queued and ready to go.  So, going back into the ellipsis menu to find these evaluations go to the details' segment of the app and on the left, you'll go to performance evaluators here you'll see a history of evaluations I've run against this app and you'll see some different results across the history and what I want to do is focus on the most recent where I have 84 objects and on the right side, you'll have results by pressing this icon you'll have some details populated so here at an overview level I can see the memory app and file size rows within the application and very important detail is the public sheets and objects. This is important because the evaluator and the analysis only run against public sheets and the objects within those so important detail to keep in mind the details portion provides developers the ability to identify and drill down into objects that may be causing performance issues. Here at the top, I have no objects creating any issues around caching, so it's automatically grayed out. Here you can see objects segmented by single-thread performance load time, resource consumption and memory allocation expanding any of these views will give you the objects title and response times just looking into the single-threaded issue here I have an object called a table with very slow response time with smooth linking I’m going to select this the application will be populated with the pertinent sheet and a blue frame will be generated around the targeted object making surfacing performance issues really easy for developers and this is all part of the investment we're making into DevOps by providing performance and fine-tuning tools. We really aim to enhance and ease the development life cycle within our SaaS platform and around on the roadmap we're hoping to provide the capability to compare current results of an evaluation versus previous versions of the results from that application again making it very easy for the developer to compare results whenever making back-end data model changes or any updates to the front end that's it when presenting the application evaluator.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2021-08-11 02:17 PM
Updated by: