14 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2012 3:32 PM by obr RSS

How to configure Qlikview 10 IIS Web Server (Accesspoint) on different computer ?

kerem pekçabuk

Hi,

I wonder is there a document about it.

Thank you.

• How to configure Qlikview 10 IIS Web Server (Accesspoint) on different computer ?
          Björn Wedbratt

Not sure if there's any document about it, but here's a step-by-step that should get you through for v10:

QVS Machine

• Make sure the above Domain account is a member of the Local Administrators group
          • Perform a full install, single server installation
          • Use the Domain account created above when prompted during install
          • Follow the steps in the manual
          • Verify the above Domain account is a member of the group QlikView Administrators
          • Start services in Windows Services. (If logged on with the Domain account running the services, first log off and back on to update the group membership)
          • License the server.
          • Make sure firewall is not blocking port 4747
          • Check that all is OK, you can access/open a document on the QVS through  local AccessPoint

IIS Machine

• Make sure IIS is installed and working / can be accessed
          • Make sure .NET Framework 3.5 is installed
          • Make sure  the above Domain account is a member of the group Local Administrators
          • If running IIS 6, make sure the above Domain account is a member of the group IIS_WPG
          • Perform a custom installation of QlikView Server, select to install IIS Support and Client Files
          • Verify the above Domain account is used as the application pool identity for the QlikView application pool in IIS

Post configurations

• Test the URL http://<IIS Machinename>/QvAjaxZfc/AccesspointSettings.aspx in IE on the QVS machine and make sure it can be accessed. Make sure that IE detects it as being in the Intranet  Zone. If not, add the IIS Machine name to the Intranet Zone. There should not be any logon prompt, just a message saying “POST request without contents, can’t process!”
          • On the QVS Machine, Open the QEMC
          • Open System (tab) > Setup (tab) > Select the QlikView Web Servers folder icon in the tree
          • Change the URL to:
            http://<IIS Machinename>/QvAjaxZfc/AccesspointSettings.aspx.
          • Click Apply
          • Select the Server located under the QlikView Web Servers folder icon
          • You will now be able to set further settings (more tabs available)
          • Select the General tab. Make sure Directory Service Connector is connected
          • Select the AccessPoint tab
          • Make sure QVS is connected under Server Connections

• Re: How to configure Qlikview 10 IIS Web Server (Accesspoint) on different computer ?
            Yves Ferber

Hi togehter

I see here 2 kind of setups: 2 Domain Servers or 2 workgroupservers

Aktualy i'm looking for a solution with a iis webserver that isnt member of the domain.

it should be placed as a frontend in the DMZ.

is this possible?

and what does it mean "Perform a custom installation of QlikView Server, select to install IIS Support and Client Files"?

install only iis suport and clientfiles and no QV Server Role?

In this case i can't find any config.xml in the %Appdata%...

thanks for help

• Re: How to configure Qlikview 10 IIS Web Server (Accesspoint) on different computer ?
              Yves Ferber

Hi togehter

I see here 2 kind of setups: 2 Domain Servers or 2 workgroupservers

Aktualy i'm looking for a solution with a iis webserver that isnt member of the domain.

it should be placed as a frontend in the DMZ.

is this possible?

and what does it mean "Perform a custom installation of QlikView Server, select to install IIS Support and Client Files"?

install only iis suport and clientfiles and no QV Server Role?

In this case i can't find any config.xml in the %Appdata%...

thanks for help