Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HenryFoth_2021
Contributor II
Contributor II

Disable unlink master visualization option.

Hi community,

I was wondering if there is a way to disable the unlink option of the Master Visualization's. I would like that users can't do this in a published app.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Dear Henry,

A user who can duplicate the app can do unlink because he is owner of that sheet. You can try to write for app objects and un-check update action, I hope you will get what you want.

To see the affect of unchecking UPDATE action you must disable STREAM default  security rule.

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as "Accept as Solution" or Like it.
Best,
Rohit

HenryFoth_2021
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Rohit!

Thanks for you reply. I will give it a try and come back to you with the results.

Thanks in advance.

Best.
Henry.

HenryFoth_2021
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Rohit. How are you?

I was going to try this, but I don't even know where to start.

Could you please give me some steps to do? How should I perform this?

Thanks in advance.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Dear Henry,

We have document where we have explained how to implement security till lowest level i.e. sheet or app objects. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Sheet-or-App-Object-Level-Security-Qli...

you may start referring it, when you will reach to lowest level app objects level there you need to disable UPDATE action. 

Thanks,

Rohit

RajaDumpa
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Rohith, 

We are on Qlik Sense Feb 2023 and we use a lot of custom properties to control authorization to access apps and sheets etc. However the concern here is that we want to disable the 'Unlink Visualization' option to a certain group of users managed via a AD group. ( Ex : Power users who are able to duplicate and create sheets ) but the Master measures are developed by the Admins and owned by them. 

Is there a resource filter available to hide this option. 

RajaDumpa_0-1715367648197.png